fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nozzlenut264 View Post
    I had talked to Capt Hemmingway about a month ago and she told me that the dept wasnt looking to hire FF/EMT till sometime 2011. My status is up in june i have been on the list of firefighter emt for 2 years, just at the wrong place and the wrong time with out the medic cert. This is good news for those still trying. I was just hired by Loudoun county and will be starting on the 29th of April. It seems like the area as a whole is moving forward. For those on the list good luck!
    Congrats! Like I tell everyone else, apply to all the places you can. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Has anyone heard about the possibiltiy of Fairfax recieving the SAFER grant?

Comment

• Hired. I am part of the 129th starting May 10th.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsr108 View Post
          Hired. I am part of the 129th starting May 10th.
          Congrats! Shine your shoes, pull the strings from your uniform, bring all issued equipment to the academy on the first day after orientation, and do some running in the meantime to condition against shin splints. They like distance running there for some reason. It's slow, but will still give you shin splints if you don't condition for it.

Check out The Academy OCFA on the Fox Reality Channel. It's similar to our academy in many ways. They do harder PT, though.
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Are you an EMT or a Medic

Comment

• must be a medic...i have been fit for hire as a firefighter emt for over a year and a half and no good i was told only medics would get hired for now due to the new EMS system the co was planing.....i got hire with loudoun co. Good luck to the ones starting class in May.

Comment

• Uhhh.....anybody got called for an interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by james077 View Post
                  Are you an EMT or a Medic
                  Post # 749, first paragraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suppressor View Post
                    Uhhh.....anybody got called for an interview?

Yep... did you? Go in for it yet?

Comment

• I didn't know there was a such a thing.....

Comment

• I went down on 04/01/10 for my final

Comment

• I am a Paramedic. I am of the understanding that is all they are hiring for now.

Comment

• Heard down from the grapevine that there will only be 10 EMT spots, the rest will be ALS. That class is going to be a good time and good experience, you'll be getting Lt. Woodward who's just wreaks of experience. One of the ol' 47 ein's. Next class is in january so start applying and get it in soon.

Comment

• Is that 10 Emt's for the January Academy or is that a add on to the academy that already started

Comment

• i thought the FXco wasnt accepting app. til june 4 FF/EMT?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X