fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter

I Recived my letter on Friday that i have compleated and passed everything and now my file will be reviewed and go from thare. I know Fairfax is only taking a select Few Medics but it still gives me hope that someday i will be among the ranks. The letter is another step in the right direction atleast. As far as the poly and medical take the advice from above. Be well rested and remain as calm as you can. Make sure you are on your "A" game. It was an exhausting two days but well worth it. Good Luck!

Be safe

Comment

• We had an all station teleconference yesterday where the Asst. Chief advised that the hiring of more medics for the 128th suppression class is still being considered if funding is freed up. So, keep calling recruitment to show continued interest, and hopefully inclusion into this class.

Callback (OT) is copious for medics, particularly those cleared to ride lead on a one and one medic unit (18 months post academy tenure). This implies a certain number of ALS vacancies. There are some incumbents going through EMT-I class at the moment, 15 I believe. This won't be enough. The county plans to upgrade all their I's to P's at some point. I've also heard that educational standards for EMS is increasing, so EMT-I's won't be considered "ALS" for much longer. I've never understood how I's and P's were considered equal anyway.

I've heard from a BC that OT management strategies in the previous quarter have saved maybe 6 million. This should help also.
      "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• havent posted in a while. however can anyone give me any updates on a few things.
        1. is fairfax county hiring anytime soon
        2. has the schedule changed at all i heard rumors of at 24 on and 48 off going around but wasnt certain
        3. any reciprocity for national certs

Comment

• Originally posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
          2. has the schedule changed at all i heard rumors of at 24 on and 48 off going around but wasnt certain
          3. any reciprocity for national certs
          No change in work schedule

Virginia accepts National Registry EMT/Paramedic

Comment

• Originally posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
            1. is fairfax county hiring anytime soon
            If you are a Paramedic, yes. Otherwise, not for a while.
            Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• I heard this during the Chiefs' meeting this morning: Thirteen (12?) more medics are being hired for the 128th starting in a couple of weeks. Admin intends to run another class of medics before the close of fiscal year '10, which ends in July of this year.

We're still up FF's, but the dept will need to hire basic FF's again as early as the beginning of 2011.

Admin stated thet it's more expensive to fill vacancies on OT than it is to hire more recruits.

Keep hounding recruitment.
              "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I completed the whole process last week and yes medics are what they r looking for. just word of advice. the poly is crazy. VA SETS THE BAR. I have taken many of them but be careful what you say. I did come back with a .01 % that i was lieing and was denied due to the report given by the person conducting the test. I completed every step in five long days just to get shut down so good luck guys.

Oh by the way: fairfax is looking for honest people not perfect people. hahah

Comment

• Got a call right before Thanksgiving asking me if I was still interested and that they would get me in sometime soon for the med/psych/poly. It's been roughly a year since any movement outside of me touching base every now and then with them. I'm still a long shot not having ALS from what I read here, but supposedly Annie is to be calling me to set up my appointments. Following up with her today since I haven't received that call yet.

Comment

• Finished process with fairfax county

Hello all,

I am a firemedic in fl looking to relocate to fairfax, va. I recently finished the hiring process with fairfax county back in octobeer 2009. I recieved my letter of completion in december. I was wondering if anybody knew any updates on upcoming hirings. Last I heard from recruitment was the hiring board was getting together in Feb 2010, to make selections for an upcoming class. The class was scheduled to start in march, but possibly got pushed back until june/july 2010. Can anybody update or share any insight? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazywhiteguy02 View Post
                      Hello all,

I am a firemedic in fl looking to relocate to fairfax, va. I recently finished the hiring process with fairfax county back in octobeer 2009. I recieved my letter of completion in december. I was wondering if anybody knew any updates on upcoming hirings. Last I heard from recruitment was the hiring board was getting together in Feb 2010, to make selections for an upcoming class. The class was scheduled to start in march, but possibly got pushed back until june/july 2010. Can anybody update or share any insight? Thank you.
                      They just started up a 128th class in january. 10 coming in earlier for their internship, and the other 10 will finish after recruit school. Whether or not its still 20 I don't know. Haven't heard from any BMT meetings about a 129th class.

Comment

• I have been invited for testing the beginning of March. Anyone else?

Comment

• Are you invited to take the written test??? I didn't know they were taking apps again, I have been done the process for about 8 months and still no word on a class date. Good luck on your testing.

Comment

• are you a medic or not?

Comment

• No...that is why I have been waiting. I know they sent took some medics, from the last group of people that had the testing last year only a few ff/emt's have been put a list to wait but they only took medics so far do to the co revamping the ems system. Just waiting for my turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by nozzlenut264 View Post
                                No...that is why I have been waiting. I know they sent took some medics, from the last group of people that had the testing last year only a few ff/emt's have been put a list to wait but they only took medics so far do to the co revamping the ems system. Just waiting for my turn.
                                not to be a schmuck. "Go to medic school". consider that written on the wall if you want to be a fireman in this day and age

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X