No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran the practice CPAT last Saturday and passed it with a time of 7 something... they said it was a good time. Went through it without any issue and had a good time meeting some of the other recruits there.

Anyway, I'm shooting for the academy and career with extreme seriousness. Physically I'm still not in the condition I want to be in, so I will continue to keep moving the bar up with my training. Friends and family are either real proud or think I've got a screw lose... but most of them want exercise and nutrition advice regardless of what they think about my push to get into a public service career. I say public service because I am also considering law enforcement, but this is my first choice.

They didn't give us any dates for the next step, so I'll just give it a bit of time to hear from them.

Comment

• anybody heard any updates lately? just curious, i know things are slow just seeing if anyone has heard anything at all since the last post? maybe the holidays will bring a little something.....

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything else on the Academy for 2009? I know its up in the air until they figure out their budget, but I was just curious if anyone has heard anything I haven't.

Thanks!!!

Comment

• I heard a rumor from one of my fellow recruits today that there will be about eleven or so additional recriuts called upon to join the eight ALS pre-hires for the 127th. The class should begin sometime in March, I think. Again, this is only a rumor. It would be a good idea to let recruitment know how bad you want it. Good luck!
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
            I heard a rumor from one of my fellow recruits today that there will be about eleven or so additional recriuts called upon to join the eight ALS pre-hires for the 127th.
            I suppose being in the long line of poly and medicals excludes me from this, but I will certainly touch base to say hi.

Comment

• Has anyone recived an update on the next round for poly and medical checks? I sent an email down but i haven't had a return yet. Maybe some good news awaits us. Im thinking positive.

Stay Safe Everyone.

Comment

• What if you are not ALS certified? Do you still have a chance for the 127th?

Comment

• Poly

I called down on 12/31/08 and out of no were they scheduled me for my poly and medical back to back.

Comment

• UPDATE on POLYS AND MEDICAL EXAMS

I took the cpat in July and did not hear anything for a while. I called up the recruit office on DEC 31, 2008 and they scheduled me for both the poly and med exam. I am scheduled to go next week ANY INPUT?

Comment

• No idea, I am in the same queue as you. I did speak with someone in recruiting as I mentioned previously that stated it was about a 4 month wait right now. Like many other city and government agencies, I am also assuming there are some financial questions hanging in the air. That is just an assumption on my part. In other cities and counties I am pursuing it seems to be a theme. Academies being suspended, budgets being reduced, high applicant numbers, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by xeony2k View Post
                        Like many other city and government agencies, I am also assuming there are some financial questions hanging in the air. .... Academies being suspended, budgets being reduced, high applicant numbers, etc.

That pretty much answers your questions, but I'm far from "in the know", that is however the current rumor mill.

Comment

• Originally posted by formerbuckeye View Post
                          That pretty much answers your questions, but I'm far from "in the know", that is however the current rumor mill.
                          I called last week and was scheduled for a medical exam next Friday. I spoke with Anne Dawkins and she informed me that a lot of candidates are not showing up for their scheduled appointments. Also, some expected news - currently they are on a hiring freeze and as of right now do not plan on having a recruit class this year. I took my written test in August of 08.

How long is your CPAT, medical, and poly good for? If the freeze lasts all year will they have to conduct the exams again?

Comment

• I want to say that you can be in the hiring pool for 2 years, but i'm not exactly sure

Comment

• It's two years, I talked to recruiting about that about 2 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by haskins View Post
                                It's two years, I talked to recruiting about that about 2 months ago.
                                Two years from when? It took me a year to get through the entire process, so if it is 2 years from the written test date that is bad news for me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X