fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Deleted.
    Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Hello guys, I've been lurking for many many months here. Just got done with Polygraph and it made me feel dirty like a mug. During the interview, it seemed like background investigation hasn't even been started yet. I thought it started the time you submitted your packet? Right after you go through your CPAT. Weird... I don't know how well I did on the poly, but the examiner said I showed some deception on a question about drugs, but I never did one (scout's honor). I'm so confused, I got a mad headache after I took this test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suppressor View Post
        Hello guys, I've been lurking for many many months here. Just got done with Polygraph and it made me feel dirty like a mug. During the interview, it seemed like background investigation hasn't even been started yet. I thought it started the time you submitted your packet? Right after you go through your CPAT. Weird... I don't know how well I did on the poly, but the examiner said I showed some deception on a question about drugs, but I never did one (scout's honor). I'm so confused, I got a mad headache after I took this test.
        Well, wait to either go to the next step (i.e. don't worry about it) or get your rejection and then drop me a line at [email protected] and we will see where you are.

JK
        Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Any single firefighters looking for housing help, drop me an e-mail at [email protected]. I have a single lead.

JK

Comment

• hiring process

How long does the whole process take I took the CPAT a few months ago and have not heard anything from Fairfax. They told me at the CPAT that it could be Jan. before I hear anything further about the poly and medical. Any advise or input? And yes Im going to call and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by jgraup271 View Post
              How long does the whole process take I took the CPAT a few months ago and have not heard anything from Fairfax. They told me at the CPAT that it could be Jan. before I hear anything further about the poly and medical. Any advise or input? And yes Im going to call and see.
              I'd follow up about every 3 weeks with your contact in recruitment as long as I am in the process.

Comment

• Great thread, I read it all the way from post 1... or actually I worked it backwards if that makes any sense to anyone else. I just started the process, passed the written, presently working on my paperwork. The long lead item there being a driving record from another state I lived in.

In any regards, I have the CPAT on the 12th of December and will be going to a few of the practices. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, swim, jog at a local high school track with some bleacher work thrown in, so doing it isn't really worrying. I would think it wise to run through the stations before hand. When we were given the walk through I paid particular attention to the dis-qualifiers, they could be costly.

So I just wanted to say hi briefly and thank those that have contributed to this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobersteen View Post
                  I'd follow up about every 3 weeks with your contact in recruitment as long as I am in the process.
                  I have been following up every month with Anne Dawkins and I spoke with her yesterday. I passed my CPAT in July and she said that she is currently behind in scheduling the appointments for the candidates that took the test in May/June.

She said I probably wont hear anything from her until January. Knowing this should I still continue to call every month? Maybe I can work the calls into providing her with more training certificates to update my file, since I have acquired a few more since my original packet submission.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil but, any thoughts on being too squeaky?

Comment

• Originally posted by mick82907 View Post
                    The squeaky wheel gets the oil but, any thoughts on being too squeaky?
                    Once a month should not be too squeaky...

Comment

• Originally posted by xeony2k View Post
                      So I just wanted to say hi briefly and thank those that have contributed to this thread.
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Hey everybody back again in va for my psych exam... just wondering what they do for the exam, any insights would be greatly appreciated.
                        The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

• Just finished the psych test yesterday, and was told I would be recommended. Any word on the wait at this point? Are they still going to be doing only 2 classes/year? I'm not a medic.

Comment

• Originally posted by wre722 View Post
                            Just finished the psych test yesterday, and was told I would be recommended. Any word on the wait at this point? Are they still going to be doing only 2 classes/year? I'm not a medic.
                            There are many things up in the air right now with several bad budget years ahead. My advise to all here, don't put all your eggs in the Fairfax County basket.

I think they will still run rookie schools, but I don't know how many, how often or off of what list.

Sorry I can't bring better info or better news.

Comment

• hey guys, i just got an email saying they are planning on a class in march 09' unless the fire chief says otherwise.....you all prob got the same email just putting it out there incase you didn't

Comment

• I emailed off my application about two weeks ago. I saw early in reading this thread that the county sends out a conformations. If I havent recieved a conformation after two weeks should I be worried that my app has become misplaced or lost

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X