Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CObasic View Post
    jklm128, thanks once again for the reply. I must have misphrased my first reply. I don't mind patient care and transports, I just don't want to be stuck doing that exclusively. I wanna ride the engine at least some of the time.
    Would you at least say that they're fair about splitting time between the bucket and the engine?

    Thanks again for the info.

    more than fair. Like Kobersteen said. You will get rotated through so you won't get burnt out on any apparatus.

    Comment


    • well

      is it ok if i have a nv drivers liscence??

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cfish3321 View Post
        is it ok if i have a nv drivers liscence??
        As long as you have a valid drivers license.

        Comment


        • Kobersteen- Who is the point of contact at recurtiment?

          Thanks.

          Comment


          • Usually Ms. Dawkins at recruitment is who to contact with any questions regarding your process.

            Comment


            • I am one of the medic hires for Nov 10th start date. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on apartments to live in or areas i should be looking at?

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • Do you know how many medic are in the class?

                Comment


                • Apartments

                  Two resources that could help:

                  http://www.apartmentguide.com/

                  Apartment guide is on-line and publishes a hefty and helpful book that you can find in most of the local grocery stores. You can also order a copy from the website for $5 - ask for the "Washington DC" book - it also covers suburban Maryland.

                  http://www.move.com/apartments/main.aspx

                  By the way, the DC area ranks in the top three for expensive living - renting an apartment will probably start in the $700/month and quickly go into the $1000 range. You will find most of the affordable places as the starting point for the large immigrant population that comes to DC. It is vibrant and multicultural.

                  I am sure others can provide neighborhood recommendations.

                  Congrats!

                  Mike

                  Comment


                  • http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/- i've found every place i've lived since i was 21 on there, and they've all been good places

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by apaal81 View Post
                      I am one of the medic hires for Nov 10th start date. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on apartments to live in or areas i should be looking at?

                      Thanks!
                      get in touch with recruitment and ask them to give you information on county housing for new recruits. It's basically county housing(not the projects but really nice condos)with reduced rent for 2 years. They are conveniently located 2-15 minutes away from the academy.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by apaal81 View Post
                        I am one of the medic hires for Nov 10th start date. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on apartments to live in or areas i should be looking at?

                        Thanks!
                        Congratulations! I'm currently in the 126th, so we'll be seeing you next month. Fairfax can be expensive to live in. Two of us currently live at the Ravens Crest apts off of Sudley Manor Drive in Manassas. It's a well managed property, quiet at night, and it appears to be safe so far. We currently pay about $1050/month for a two bedroom. We get to the academy in about 15-20 mins using the HOV. When you look to rent, be sure to ask about income restrictions. My wife and I went to Fredricksburg this morning to look at a place. We were told that I make too much money to qualify as a family of three, as the cap is at about $53,000/yr. Many rentals use income restrictions. It's a farce, I think, because people will lie about their income, anyway. I don't know how a family of three can live well on less than $53k/yr, and afford 13-1400/month rent. Call recruitment, they should have some good leads from county firefighters looking to rent out a room or apt. Good luck!
                        "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
                          Congratulations! I'm currently in the 126th, so we'll be seeing you next month. Fairfax can be expensive to live in. Two of us currently live at the Ravens Crest apts off of Sudley Manor Drive in Manassas. It's a well managed property, quiet at night, and it appears to be safe so far. We currently pay about $1050/month for a two bedroom. We get to the academy in about 15-20 mins using the HOV. When you look to rent, be sure to ask about income restrictions. My wife and I went to Fredricksburg this morning to look at a place. We were told that I make too much money to qualify as a family of three, as the cap is at about $53,000/yr. Many rentals use income restrictions. It's a farce, I think, because people will lie about their income, anyway. I don't know how a family of three can live well on less than $53k/yr, and afford 13-1400/month rent. Call recruitment, they should have some good leads from county firefighters looking to rent out a room or apt. Good luck!

                          Hey Edpmedic,
                          If you got some time and feel like answering a few questions turn your PM on. Thanks !

                          Comment


                          • I can't figure out how to turn the PM on. Some direction would be greatly appreciated(drug math, no problem, but I'm severely computer illiterate).
                            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
                              I can't figure out how to turn the PM on. Some direction would be greatly appreciated(drug math, no problem, but I'm severely computer illiterate).
                              Go to user CP, then click on edit options, in the messaging and notifications section you have to click on the box that will allow private messaging.

                              Comment


                              • Done. Let me know if it works.
                                "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X