fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ffthomas2002 View Post
    thanks for the info and i am def going to apply. i've always been interested in this dept. i did apply a few times before and failed the cpat. but i will def be going back down to norhtern va very soon. stay safe brothers and sistetrs
    Go for it ffthomas, there are many recruits that have been hired that do not have any prior experience, or paramedic background. Mind you its not always because you have these prior experiences/certifications that get you hired. The polygraph and psychological are big factors in them.

Comment

• Message Deleted.
      Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMCM49 View Post
        Just completed the poly/psych last week. From personal experience, how long until contacted regarding the pass/fail results of each? I vaguely remember the detective saying two weeks?
        I wish life had a fast forward button sometimes..

-T
        My understanding from Annie was that they would not send you from one step to the next unless you had passed the last. Like the detective would not discuss the results with you or at least he did not with me, but I knew when Annie called me to schedule Psych that I had passed. You should know the results of your psych, the psych examiner did tell me that he was giving the recomendation, I would have thought that they did the same thing all the time.

Unless of course you are from out of town, and then they may have scheduled them all together for one trip....

Good luck though.
        Last edited by 4bugsdad; 07-17-2008, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Message Deleted.
          Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• I was at a meeting yesterday at HQ and ran into the storied 'Ms. Annie'. I passed along the many good things I have heard here. She was very grateful for your comments and will continue to do her best for all applicants she encounters.

Unfortunately, there is no new news.
            Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• No interview...I think if you did all those then youre done!...well except for the waiting!

Comment

• Maybe somebody who knows more than me can chime in here

I know there are some departments in the virginia area where if you take the written test for one, you don't have to take written for the others.

I took fairfax's, anybody know where else the fairfax test might count for?

Comment

• *bump* yay for finally coming back 2 my home state.

Now the physical preparation and torture begins. Aaah, nothing like working out until you puke. =/

Comment

• *bump*

It's weird seeing Fairfax County anywhere but the first page.

Thought I'd do my part in bringing it back to the first.

Any news from anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by eng1irons View Post
                      Maybe somebody who knows more than me can chime in here

I know there are some departments in the virginia area where if you take the written test for one, you don't have to take written for the others.

I took fairfax's, anybody know where else the fairfax test might count for?
                      I think the one that multiple depts use is the CWH, there may be others, but I know that both Arlington, Prince william, and maybe Loudoun use the CWH. To the best of my knowledge the Ffx test is custom designed by them so it likely is only used by them.
                      Last edited by 4bugsdad; 07-29-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• aug 9th test

is anyone going down for the written test on aug the 9th? this will be my first of many written tests to come up this year. those going down good luck!

Comment

• 126th instructor

Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
                          Congratulations ALBO, you'll love the 126 as your head instructor is probably the best (in my opinion). Unfortunately though, if you have seen those videos of the 117th and the 118th recruit school, they will be stopping the recruit videos as the videographer is leaving after the 125th. So remember to take advantage that you will be able to bring your cameras to the academy. It'll be rough but very fun. Enjoy and stay safe!
                          That's good news about the instructor. Thanks jklm128. So who is he/she? Any info about his/her history or instructing style that might help us to know ahead of time? Thanks for any advice!

Comment

• Class 126is filled up with 40 recruits total in the class. Starts August 18th.

125th graduates today. congrats all.

Comment

• Message Deleted.
                              Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Does anybody know how many 125 started with and how many are graduating?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X