fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Deleted.
    Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMCM49 View Post
      It's the "make-up" polygraph.
      Ah. Good luck. I had to do one of those too.
      Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Message Deleted.
        Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• none

Well Ladies and gentleman I'm happy to inform you that I'll be attending the 126th class on aug 18, thank you everyone for the great info posted in this huge thread, it has helped me tremendously, and if I havent posted many myself is for the same reason that most my questions were answered.(read the whole thread <__< ) anyways to everyone that is still in the process keep hanging in there, pray and keep positive!!. I first applied for the dept back in july of 07 so I know how impatient one could get. anyway I will always be here for anyone that has questions about the process or the academy as I will be attending it and have insight for anyone that's interested, I honestly CANT WAIT for it to begin I've seen some vids in youtube and I'm really pumped!

Comment

• Quite a few of us have taken repeat polys, including myself. There was probably a response that was deemed inconclusive, or something. The second poly, as I understand it, will focus on that particular area. I don't think that they would give you another poly if you weren't a desirable candidate. You should be fine. dc5, the email is [email protected]. Be sure to identify yourself. It's my wife's address, and I direct my emails there(I was checking emails very infrequently, she checks hers several times daily). If we don't recognize the source, it will not be opened.
            "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Thank you, edpmedic! I'll b contacting you shortly.

Congrats 2 ALBO84! Hopefully some of us will see you in either mid August or late September!

Comment

• Originally posted by ALBO84 View Post
                Well Ladies and gentleman I'm happy to inform you that I'll be attending the 126th class on aug 18, thank you everyone for the great info posted in this huge thread, it has helped me tremendously, and if I havent posted many myself is for the same reason that most my questions were answered.(read the whole thread <__< ) anyways to everyone that is still in the process keep hanging in there, pray and keep positive!!. I first applied for the dept back in july of 07 so I know how impatient one could get. anyway I will always be here for anyone that has questions about the process or the academy as I will be attending it and have insight for anyone that's interested, I honestly CANT WAIT for it to begin I've seen some vids in youtube and I'm really pumped!
                Congrats! Are you currently in the area? If not, when are you coming in? Shoot me an email, maybe you can meet some of the medic interns, such as myself, and maybe go for some group runs, and such. I'll offer up some survival tactics for the academy. If we can meet prior to Oct. then it won't be quite as goofy when we return from the medic internship. Be sure to be in shape, and try to be past any running related issues, such as shin splints. We had the luxury of leaving the academy to complete the internship, allowing us to heal up, and get in better shape, if necessary. If you sustain any injuries, you'll possibly be "recycled" into the next recruit class. If you're out of shape, it will be extremely difficult to play catch up, as the training becomes progressively more rigorous. Contact me, and I'll tell you what I currently know.
                "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Personal History ?

Does anyone know if/what Fairfax County's auto-disqualifications are with regard to past (and I mean at least 5-7 years past) drug use/expierimentation? I tried some stupid *** things back in my early-mid 20's and want to see if I'm looking at being disqualified right off the bat for it. Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ALBO84 View Post
                    Congratulations ALBO, you'll love the 126 as your head instructor is probably the best (in my opinion). Unfortunately though, if you have seen those videos of the 117th and the 118th recruit school, they will be stopping the recruit videos as the videographer is leaving after the 125th. So remember to take advantage that you will be able to bring your cameras to the academy. It'll be rough but very fun. Enjoy and stay safe!

Comment

• Wow! Congrats Albo! That seemed pretty fast! I finished the process myself in March 2007 and am still hoping to hear something and trying to remain positive...although if they have done selections for the upcoming academy then it looks like I may be reapplying soon. Albo is right though, everyone here has been so helpful to the point that I got all of my questions answered by going through this thread. Thanks guys! Anyone else hear anything? Good luck Albo and keep us hopefuls updated on how things go!

Comment

• If you havent got fit for the equipment yet does that mean you most likey wont be picked for the class? Or does anyone know when they start letting people know if you made it for August or not?
                        Thanks yall

Comment

• *bump* for a dying thread.

Edpmedic: did your wife ever receive an email from me? I stated my screen name here on the forum in the subject.
                          I hope the county let's us know something soon =/

Comment

• Originally posted by dc5gurl View Post
                            *bump* for a dying thread.

Edpmedic: did your wife ever receive an email from me? I stated my screen name here on the forum in the subject.
                            I hope the county let's us know something soon =/
                            I wrote your number down, and then I couldn't find it, as I'm disorganized at times. Please resend the email. I've recently found two hills near my home. One is longer than the academy's "Mt. Trashmore", and the other one is short and steep, perfect for sprints. We'll have fun. I think that the calls went out for the 126th class, I've heard like forty or so have been hired. People do accept the job, and then cancel. One recruit showed up for the 125th on one days notice, after another cancelled. Keep in frequent contact with recruitment. Please resend your number. I'm off for the next three days, and have plenty of time to talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
                              Please resend your number. I'm off for the next three days, and have plenty of time to talk.
                              Resent! You'll have 2 excuse the repeat as I'm conducting a lot of internet stuff through my phone. :P

Well, at least the 126th is well on it's way! When I started the whole process back in March, I couldn't get all of the hiring stuff done soon enough, so I was told that i'd be vying for a spot with the 127th. *shrug* who knows?

Give a call, sir! I'm on a small break from life right now- catching up on sleep. So i'll b available 4 a decent chat!

Comment

• Message Deleted.
                                Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X