Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boize208
    replied
    Had my psych eval today. Everything went well. Took around 5 hours.

Leave a comment:

• FireCandidate23
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post

Nope. I failed their polygraph. Don't think I'd ever have a chance there again. And hope I get Miami, too, but scared that I failed psych. Got nervous during the interview, so maybe that's what did me in.
    Just spent the weekend in Miami. I seen Miami Beach Fire Rescue and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. Definitely would be sweet bro. Dont give up.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by FireCandidate23 View Post

Did you ever apply to PWC again? And I definitely hope you get that Miami Dade offer. Thats one of my dream departments.
    Nope. I failed their polygraph. Don't think I'd ever have a chance there again. And hope I get Miami, too, but scared that I failed psych. Got nervous during the interview, so maybe that's what did me in.

Leave a comment:

• CTCandidate
    replied
    Any new updates on the Fall class?

Leave a comment:

• FireCandidate23
    replied

I believe they do that after you're on the list, but not sure. I'd imagine they'd tell you, though, as I'm sure there's paperwork you have to fill out.

Anyways, update for any that are curious. STILL haven't gotten anything my phone, mail, or email about being placed on the list. Government Jobs says I'm "eligible," but I've seen or heard nothing about it thus far.

Not that it matters. I anticipate getting an offer from Miami-Dade, which I will gladly take.
    Did you ever apply to PWC again? And I definitely hope you get that Miami Dade offer. Thats one of my dream departments.

Leave a comment:

• FireCandidate23
    replied
    Hey everyone, a Fairfax County Firefighter is missing in Florida after he and another off-duty Jacksonville Firefighter didn't return from a boating trip. The US Coast Guard and other agencies are actively searching for the two. Just an FYI.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied

I believe they do that after you're on the list, but not sure. I'd imagine they'd tell you, though, as I'm sure there's paperwork you have to fill out.

Anyways, update for any that are curious. STILL haven't gotten anything my phone, mail, or email about being placed on the list. Government Jobs says I'm "eligible," but I've seen or heard nothing about it thus far.

Not that it matters. I anticipate getting an offer from Miami-Dade, which I will gladly take.
    My current employer just got a questionnaire that they have to fill out and fax back that came with a copy of the release of info waiver you had to sign and turn in with the PHQ

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
    Do you get a heads up when they start doing a background investigation/looking more into you?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Do you get a heads up when they start doing a background investigation/looking more into you?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Panther67 View Post

Yep. The letter of completion is on the way.
    Never got it.

Leave a comment:

• CTCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by blachatch View Post
    There is a class in currently expected to finish this fall around November. Next class would start in January if all goes as planned.
    sent DM......

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by blachatch View Post
    There is a class in currently expected to finish this fall around November. Next class would start in January if all goes as planned.
    Yeah I've been kinda following along on their youtube. They're about to start week 17. So 10 more weeks.

https://youtu.be/phEhZSmicJ4

Leave a comment:

• blachatch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by girafephant View Post

1-2. It's a 6 month academy.
    Ok cool.

I've got my psych towards the end of August.

Leave a comment:

• girafephant
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

How many do they run per year?
    1-2. It's a 6 month academy.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola