Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMCM49 View Post
    So this hemacult kit...
    Do I poop into it at the exam? Do I poop into before hand and mail it in? Do I poop in it and bring it with me?

WTF?
    If I remember correctly, I had to do it three days in a row, with dietary restictions as per the directions(especially red meat, which naturally has some blood inside, I suspect). I think I had to do it the last few days prior to the medical, then bring it with me. The experience was pretty gnarly, but at least you can close the flap, so you don't have to stare at it everytime you use the facilities.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So this hemacult kit...
      Do I poop into it at the exam? Do I poop into before hand and mail it in? Do I poop in it and bring it with me?

WTF?
      Read. The. Directions.
      Eh?

Comment

• Message Deleted.
        Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Perhaps you should call the office.
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmedic View Post
            ...but it is hard and we aren't even doing the hard stuff yet. I did a Prof. Firefighter Academy in Denver and it was cake compared to this.
            Just take it one day at a time, and you'll be fine. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not the poster child for physical fitness, but I made it. As things get more difficult in suppression school, you'll be ready... if you keep it up. It will not be easy being on day work at the firehouse, but just keep your eye on the prize, help each other and graduation will be here before you know it.

See ya'll on May 20th for lunch!
            Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Hold On

I work for DCFD and I will admit that I sit at watch and read these post and rarely reply. Also I will admit that Powerhouseofln was an idiot for coming on this thread and making some stupid comment for no reason other than to start a shouting match. But please kobersteen do not come on here and rip on the DCFD. You know FFX does not even compare at all. Yes you have alot of new construction but DC has quite a bit of the same nowadays. FFX is quality department but nobody leaves the DCFD for FFX unless they are fired, run out because they are a coward, or because they dont like interior firefighting. Kobersteen I know what your response to this be I am positive you fall under one these catergories. If you feel otherwise feel free to let me who you are. Stay safe and good luck.

Comment

• Psych test

Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone has recently been scheduled for the psych test. I havent heard anything yet. I've passed everything and this is the last thing I need to do before I can get on the list. I really want to get it done fast before the august recruit selection closes. I also wanted to find out when they will start the selection for this upcoming recruit class and when will it end. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Does anyone know why it takes a long time to get scheduled for a poly/med test? Are the going aplhabetically or something?
                  The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubhed720 View Post
                    Coreymay100 how do you think you did on it? I took it yesterday as well and thought that it wasn't too bad. I must admit I'm a little rusty on my percentages but I think I did pretty well on it.
                    I think i did well also...Sorry to get back on here so late. But i think i did well. The percentages messed me up as well but I think i did fine. Weren't we supposed to hear something yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by ecff08 View Post
                      I work for DCFD and I will admit that I sit at watch and read these post and rarely reply. Also I will admit that Powerhouseofln was an idiot for coming on this thread and making some stupid comment for no reason other than to start a shouting match. But please kobersteen do not come on here and rip on the DCFD. You know FFX does not even compare at all. Yes you have alot of new construction but DC has quite a bit of the same nowadays. FFX is quality department but nobody leaves the DCFD for FFX unless they are fired, run out because they are a coward, or because they dont like interior firefighting. Kobersteen I know what your response to this be I am positive you fall under one these catergories. If you feel otherwise feel free to let me who you are. Stay safe and good luck.
                      There are quit a few ex-DCFD guys in Arlington and Fairfax who left DC for legit reasons other than those you presume. DC has its strength, Fairfax has its strengths, lots of reasons to leave one for the other that have nothing to do with levels of bravery or acceptance by others in the department.
                      Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
                      -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
                      LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

...But please kobersteen do not come on here and rip on the DCFD. You know FFX does not even compare at all. Yes you have alot of new construction but DC has quite a bit of the same nowadays. FFX is quality department but nobody leaves the DCFD for FFX unless they are fired, run out because they are a coward, or because they dont like interior firefighting. Kobersteen I know what your response to this be I am positive you fall under one these catergories.
                        Wow. Pretty broad brush your painting with. Let's see if this matches what you "know my response will be":

First of all, I challenge you to find where I ripped on the DCFD. I merely responded to one of your (alleged) DCFD collegues in a Fairfax thread that I had my experience with DCFD, albeit short, saw some of the issues, worked with alot of great and dedicated firefighters and EMS personnel, but when the call came from Fairfax, I left. I left DCFD because I wanted to be a firefighter again, and I was hired under the mistaken impression that the cross training of EMS personnel was 'right around the corner'. You can check the records, I did a majority of my time on Rapid 12. I was not run out for ANY of the reasons that you assumed.

Does that mesh with what you knew I'd say? Which of your categories do I fall under?

If you feel otherwise feel free to let me who you are. Stay safe and good luck.
                        I have never, nor will I ever, hide behind a screen name. If you are looking for me, I'm not difficult to find at all.
                        Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

Hey, look! Another DC guy with an ignorant generalization. I'm guess because he's a 2/20. If I were your brothers I'd smack you over your head. Or, maybe you and that other poster are the same person? Too bad we can't see IP addresses here
                          Eh?

Comment

Really? Wow.

Believe it or not I did. The kit says "mail to physician" and the instructions say "bring kit to office."

But thanks for that stellar input.
                            Directions for the Hemoccult Slide Test

1. Please complete the kit and return it within 3 weeks

* Follow attached diet instructions.

* For accurate test results, collect samples from bowel movements on three different days.

* Do not collect a sample if blood is visible in your stool or urine. Call your doctor.

* For the most accurate test results, do not let the stool drop into the toilet bowl water. Use the collection tissue provided or any other clean, dry container.

* Remove toilet bowl cleaners from toilet tank and flush twice before proceeding.

* Protect slides from heat, light, and chemicals (iodine, ammonia, bleach, household cleaners).

* Prepare one slide a day until all 3 slides have been made.

a. Fill in the date and time on the label on the front cover of the slide. Write your name on the slide. Open the cover.

b. Obtain a small stool sample on one end of applicator.

c. Apply thin smear inside Box A.

d. Reuse applicator to obtain second sample from different part of stool. Apply thin smear inside Box B.

e. The collection tissue may be flushed. Do not flush the applicator stick. Discard in a wastebasket.

f. Put slides in a paper envelop away from heat and sunlight. Do not place sampled slide in any moisture-proof container or in the refrigerator. It must air dry.

g. Let the third sample air-dry overnight.

* When all 3 slides are completed, place them in the pre-addressed foil-lined mailing pouch, seal it and return to the laboratory or put a first-class postage stamp on it and put it in the mail.

These instructions are part of your kit. In fact it should be on the box itself.
                            Eh?

Comment

• Message Deleted.
                              Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Hey, look! Another DC guy with an ignorant generalization. I'm guess because he's a 2

Hey buddy here's my IP address 192.168.1.104....... Nerd!!

And to the guy who said I couldn't even form a single sentence..... Atleast in 10th grade I learned that "alot" is actualy two (2) words.... professor.

One other question, when after a long day of re-cleaning the firehouse and shining the scotchlight on your traffic vest, Quint 456 and Snorkel 489 and Quad 452 and Tactical Command Gator 406 and Paramedic Bicycle Response Team 402 (the PBRT) respond to a "matchstick style construction" fire, and report to command tactical gator 406 with your silly passports on side 1.....(I forgot, all you NFPA Nazis changed it to side A), who gets the traffic vest designation "Pivot Man" to jerk all you clowns off while another house burns down???

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X