fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMCM49 View Post
    ...I'm specifically looking at vision related criteria. Thanks in advance.
    Well, I'm not sure if this helps, but my vision is 20/100 and 20/200 uncorrected and something around 20/30 x 2 corrected and I didn't even raise an eyebrow during the entry physical.

Does that help?
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• i am testing tomorrow afternoon at 1...any last remarks?

Comment

• Message Deleted.
        Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• I passed my cpat last month, and was told that I would receive a phone call to schedule my medical. How long is the "normal" wait to schedule this?
          Matthew Pullen
          Firefighter
          Levittown Fire Company No.1
          www.levittownfire.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mpullen32 View Post
            I passed my cpat last month, and was told that I would receive a phone call to schedule my medical. How long is the "normal" wait to schedule this?
            Can be many many months. Check in with recruiting monthly or so to stay on the radar.
            Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
            -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
            LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Originally posted by CMCM49 View Post
              I've taken that Ishihara test (for other jobs) and am color blind to some greens, some reds.

So am I. I didn't have an issue in recruitment and I can't see where that will cause you any problems either.

Comment

• ill tell you right now not to discourage anyone from ffx county, but about 3 years ago, i took that horrible test and went through the crappy polygraph test, made it through all the testing process to get fitted for uniforms, when i was in the wharehouse i asked one of the workers what my odds were when i was there, he replied "you have won the lottery but havent recieved your cash yet" so i was like cool, cant wait, then i waited, waited, waited waited, and waited some more, now remember i was fitted for everything, the i got a letter stating i was not was ffx was looking for, a week after i got that letter i started the DC fire academy, now im happy that crap hole place never hired me cause im working for the nations capitol , and when you go around and visit other fire depts in this country, no one ever hears about crappy county fire depts, just big cities, PS just a little hint from talkin to guys about ffx thier nickname are fairfags cause they are not interior firefighters, just a heads up to everyone, take the DC test at least you know you will be a firefighter

Comment

• Originally posted by powerhouseoflp View Post
                  ill tell you right now not to discourage anyone from ffx county, but about 3 years ago, i took that horrible test and went through the crappy polygraph test, made it through all the testing process to get fitted for uniforms, when i was in the wharehouse i asked one of the workers what my odds were when i was there, he replied "you have won the lottery but havent recieved your cash yet" so i was like cool, cant wait, then i waited, waited, waited waited, and waited some more, now remember i was fitted for everything, the i got a letter stating i was not was ffx was looking for, a week after i got that letter i started the DC fire academy, now im happy that crap hole place never hired me cause im working for the nations capitol , and when you go around and visit other fire depts in this country, no one ever hears about crappy county fire depts, just big cities, PS just a little hint from talkin to guys about ffx thier nickname are fairfags cause they are not interior firefighters, just a heads up to everyone, take the DC test at least you know you will be a firefighter
                  If Fairfax is such a "crap hole", then why did you go through the hiring process? It would seem that you would have picked FCRD over DC initially, since you fitted for uniforms, and were ready to go. I'm sorry that you got a raw deal, but please don't badmouth other departments, or the brothers and sisters who selflessly risk their lives, either. Your post sounds like a rant from a jealous person. Please grow up, be happy and thankful that you're currently on with a great department, and leave it at that. We're all supposed to be part of the brother/sisterhood. Stay safe.
                  "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

blah, blah, blah.
                    I did my time in DC. I know what I am missing, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by coreymay100 View Post
                      i am testing tomorrow afternoon at 1...any last remarks?
                      Coreymay100 how do you think you did on it? I took it yesterday as well and thought that it wasn't too bad. I must admit I'm a little rusty on my percentages but I think I did pretty well on it.

Comment

ill tell you right now not to discourage anyone from ffx county, but about 3 years ago, i took that horrible test and went through the crappy polygraph test, made it through all the testing process to get fitted for uniforms, when i was in the wharehouse i asked one of the workers what my odds were when i was there, he replied "you have won the lottery but havent recieved your cash yet" so i was like cool, cant wait, then i waited, waited, waited waited, and waited some more, now remember i was fitted for everything, the i got a letter stating i was not was ffx was looking for, a week after i got that letter i started the DC fire academy, now im happy that crap hole place never hired me cause im working for the nations capitol , and when you go around and visit other fire depts in this country, no one ever hears about crappy county fire depts, just big cities, PS just a little hint from talkin to guys about ffx thier nickname are fairfags cause they are not interior firefighters, just a heads up to everyone, take the DC test at least you know you will be a firefighter
                        This coming from a guy who can't even form a proper sentence. Anyone with a 10th grade education can write better than you. Please take your pathetic and ignorant opinion elsewhere. And, until you start fighting fires in houses made of match sticks I'd shut up.
                        Eh?

Comment

now im happy that crap hole place never hired me cause im working for the nations capitol , and when you go around and visit other fire depts in this country, no one ever hears about crappy county fire depts, just big cities, PS just a little hint from talkin to guys about ffx thier nickname are fairfags cause they are not interior firefighters, just a heads up to everyone, take the DC test at least you know you will be a firefighter
                          I am glad that you found a department you like working for. You are correct, the District of Columbia goes to more structure fires than Fairfax ... but less than PGFD. As a percentage of runs, DCFEMS runs more medical locals per fire company than any of the surrounding jurisdictions ... Trinidad Engine 10 is around 80%.

My travels and visits to other departments has resulted in a different experience in the relative reputations of Washington area fire departments.

Let's get together and compare notes ... which ambulance are you detailed to this week?

Mike

Comment

• Ouch

Originally posted by Kobersteen View Post
                            So 126th ALS Rookies, how was your first day of work?
                            Hi Sir,
                            Well the first week is over and if I try to lift my arm for deoderant, bend down to pick something off the floor or generally make any purposeful movement, I hurt. I am physicaly behind the other recruits but with the help of edpmedic, I know that in 3 months when the academy starts, I will be ready. (The man is not human, and I fully intend on seeing if he has to plug himself in to a wall at night). I have to be honest, this is as difficult as boot camp in the army was if not harder, and I am 35, not 18. I know I can make it, if I live through it. I also know a lot of it is a game with the prize being I will not be the next statistic kobersteen, but it is hard and we aren't even doing the hard stuff yet. I did a Prof. Firefighter Academy in Denver and it was cake compared to this.
                            A little advice to anyone who gets hired, you are not fit enough, even if you think you are. (Unless you are an olympic weightlifter-edp? lol) I passed the cpat in 8:42 3 months ago and am struggling with the PT at the academey.

And to the guy who cuts down other departments, especially one of the top deartments in the country (Fairfax) I am sorry for you already. Your attitude if not changed, will be your downfall.

P.S. If anyone needs to shave, you can borrow my shoes. And yes it means what you think..... They are Glass.
                            My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.

Comment

• Message Deleted.
                              Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmedic View Post
                                Hi Sir,
                                Well the first week is over and if I try to lift my arm for deoderant, bend down to pick something off the floor or generally make any purposeful movement, I hurt. I am physicaly behind the other recruits but with the help of edpmedic, I know that in 3 months when the academy starts, I will be ready. (The man is not human, and I fully intend on seeing if he has to plug himself in to a wall at night). I have to be honest, this is as difficult as boot camp in the army was if not harder, and I am 35, not 18. I know I can make it, if I live through it. I also know a lot of it is a game with the prize being I will not be the next statistic kobersteen, but it is hard and we aren't even doing the hard stuff yet. I did a Prof. Firefighter Academy in Denver and it was cake compared to this.
                                A little advice to anyone who gets hired, you are not fit enough, even if you think you are. (Unless you are an olympic weightlifter-edp? lol) I passed the cpat in 8:42 3 months ago and am struggling with the PT at the academey.

And to the guy who cuts down other departments, especially one of the top deartments in the country (Fairfax) I am sorry for you already. Your attitude if not changed, will be your downfall.

P.S. If anyone needs to shave, you can borrow my shoes. And yes it means what you think..... They are Glass.
                                For a warmup, we'll start with squat clean/weighted burpee supersets, followed by kettlebell snatch/swing/sprint complexes, bodyweight overhead squats, walking lunge/renegade row supersets, and then we'll begin the main workout.
                                "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X