Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 9th and 10th

Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
    I'm up for helping you out, no payment necessary. Just wanna meet all the new recruits and give helpful insights and tips. Are you one of the 17 pre hires for the 126?

jklm, I sent you a private email so contact me if you get the chance, I appreciate all advice.

My friend and I will be in Fairfax for fingerprinting and apartment finding on the 9th and 10th. We will buy a couple of beers, wings, pop, etc. if any of the new recruits or people that post here want to meet. I have emailed a few guys and have been helped a lot already.-thanks everyone

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobersteen View Post
      Actually, as of today, there are 12 prehires in the 126th. All are NR-P's.
      sorry Kobersteen, my mistake. I just know for sure it was a lot of prehires.
      Originally posted by jdmedic View Post
      jklm, I sent you a private email so contact me if you get the chance, I appreciate all advice.

My friend and I will be in Fairfax for fingerprinting and apartment finding on the 9th and 10th. We will buy a couple of beers, wings, pop, etc. if any of the new recruits or people that post here want to meet. I have emailed a few guys and have been helped a lot already.-thanks everyone

Sorry edpmedic I didn't get the email. But as for apartment looking, I suggest you try and get reduced rent housing through the Magnet Housing Program. I suggest you get those papers from the Massey building and sent in as soon as possible, as it takes a long time to process.

Comment

• Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
        Sorry edpmedic I didn't get the email. But as for apartment looking, I suggest you try and get reduced rent housing through the Magnet Housing Program. I suggest you get those papers from the Massey building and sent in as soon as possible, as it takes a long time to process.
        edp tried the Magnet Housing route, but found out he didn't qualify. I'm looking into that. Considering the Local was instrumental in putting the program together, it is ridiculous that we can't take advantage of it.
        Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
          sorry Kobersteen, my mistake. I just know for sure it was a lot of prehires.

jklm128...I've sent you another email...please check with info. of phone # and email address to contact me
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Magnet Housing

Originally posted by Kobersteen View Post
            edp tried the Magnet Housing route, but found out he didn't qualify. I'm looking into that. Considering the Local was instrumental in putting the program together, it is ridiculous that we can't take advantage of it.

I also tried magnet housing and they were full with a lot of people waiting. They are very nice and will take your application for magnet housing, but there is no guarantee as to when you will get in. At the beginning medic salary there were 2 places I was told I qualify for as a single guy. Also I was told they are considering raising the max. salary amount to qualify by 5%, but they weren't sure when or if it would happen. We are looking at the brambleton area.
            My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.

Comment

• Sorry been out of the loop for a bit... That 126th recruit class, did someone on here say it was all paremedics?
              The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FirefighterPEP View Post
                Sorry been out of the loop for a bit... That 126th recruit class, did someone on here say it was all paremedics?
                No, but the prehired paramedics are starting April 28. The rest if the class (most likely about 25 more rookies) is set to begin mid-August.

Comment

Kobersteen, thank you and local 2068 for helping implementing that program. I am using that now fortunately enough only because my girlfriend is unemployed and we both used the 2 people lease. The problem with it are the new recruits who apply, their incomes are about 1k-2k more than the income cut-off, so if they do the solo lease, they aren't eligible. EDPmedic im checking my mail and it isn't coming through, if anything just send it to my forum PM.

Comment

• Magnet Housing

In my particular case, my wife receives unemployment, which ends late this July. If you start counting from 4/28 through the July end date, this would be about three months of payouts, at the most. This would still render us under the max income threshold, as a family of three. I was informed, however, that the unemployment payouts are calculated as if we would be receiving them indefinitely, not for only three months. This put us over the threshold. My rent is pretty cheap, so I can avoid implementing the ramen noodle diet. I might try personal training as a side job, as doing shifts in a hospital, or on the cabulance, while in recruit school, might be too much. jklm, I need to set up the pm, When I get it working, I'll contact you. Thanks.
                    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
                      In my particular case, my wife receives unemployment, which ends late this July. If you start counting from 4/28 through the July end date, this would be about three months of payouts, at the most. This would still render us under the max income threshold, as a family of three. I was informed, however, that the unemployment payouts are calculated as if we would be receiving them indefinitely, not for only three months. This put us over the threshold. My rent is pretty cheap, so I can avoid implementing the ramen noodle diet. I might try personal training as a side job, as doing shifts in a hospital, or on the cabulance, while in recruit school, might be too much. jklm, I need to set up the pm, When I get it working, I'll contact you. Thanks.
                      sounds good. yea they analyze every bit of income and tally it up. As for side jobs it might be tough as recruit school unofficially starts before 0600 and ends around 1700 because of PM duties.

Comment

• For Jklm128

Originally posted by jklm128 View Post
                        sounds good. yea they analyze every bit of income and tally it up. As for side jobs it might be tough as recruit school unofficially starts before 0600 and ends around 1700 because of PM duties.
                        Since I am unable to figure out what the issue is with the PM and you are not receiving my emails I thought best for you to email me at the following email address: [email protected]

Comment

• Wtf?

Why aren't my posts being posted at all? It takes over a week to finally post....

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

No, but the prehired paramedics are starting April 28. The rest if the class (most likely about 25 more rookies) is set to begin mid-August.
                            Speaking of 2068, Mister Ink, or Tatt, wishes to start an investigation into his lack of overtime hours this past week...
                            Local 2068

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryChan View Post
                              Speaking of 2068, Mister Ink, or Tatt, wishes to start an investigation into his lack of overtime hours this past week...
                              Hey Fury, Tatman got his question resolved. Everybody is happy.

Comment

• info

Thanks for all the good info. I'm due to take the written exam this month. I noticed on one of the first few pages of this thread that someone posted class dates for a year ago. Any chance someone has current info on class dates?

Thanks!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X