Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me a rough time frame from when you apply for the firefighter/paramedic position to when you get a test date.Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall7 View Post
      ...My Dr. said he will provide any documentation saying that my type of cancer is now cured and there is no limitations on what I can and cant do. I just am worried that going through cancer treatment is what will ultimately prevent me from working the job I've been bustin my hump to get.
      Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll see how I can help.

Cheers,
      Kobersteen
      Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by SFD514 View Post
        Can anyone tell me a rough time frame from when you apply for the firefighter/paramedic position to when you get a test date.Thanks
        If you are already certified ALS, it should be pretty quick (within a month). Call recruitment and ask them.

Good luck!
        Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Fairfax FD

My husband started him app. back in Aug. 2006. He has been down to VA about 4 x's and will be going back for a 5th trip in another week. The process to me is a bit grueling but from what we hear is very well worth it. This should be his last trip for testing and than we should have an answer by sometime in August. Hope this helped.
          "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• test

I take my test for fairfax county on August the 18th. Im really excited about testing. Should I buy a study guide or not? They can't really expect you to know anything about procedure as of yet, right? Im guessing its going to be like a police exam, and there is no studying for those. Ive spoken to a few firefighters here, and most of them tell me not to worry about the study guide, but some of them tell me to buy one. Its only 15 bucks, so I probably will. Wish me luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by rob1984 View Post
              I take my test for fairfax county on August the 18th. Im really excited about testing. Should I buy a study guide or not? They can't really expect you to know anything about procedure as of yet, right? Im guessing its going to be like a police exam, and there is no studying for those. Ive spoken to a few firefighters here, and most of them tell me not to worry about the study guide, but some of them tell me to buy one. Its only 15 bucks, so I probably will. Wish me luck everyone!
              If you graduated H.S. with a 2.1 gpa or better you will do fine. A good nights sleep will do you almost as much good as studying.
              Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
              -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
              LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Hello everyone,

My test is coming up this saturday, and im really excited. I have a question that doesn't really relate to testing though. On fairfax county's website, there are two different starting posistions, both starting out with different salarys. The first is Firefighter, and the other is Firefighter/paramedic. I though that all firefighters were also trained paramedics? Any info on this would be much appriciated, thanks.

Comment

• Message Deleted.
                  Last edited by CMCM49; 12-14-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rob1984 View Post
                    Hello everyone,

My test is coming up this saturday, and im really excited. I have a question that doesn't really relate to testing though. On fairfax county's website, there are two different starting posistions, both starting out with different salarys. The first is Firefighter, and the other is Firefighter/paramedic. I though that all firefighters were also trained paramedics? Any info on this would be much appriciated, thanks.
                    The two different postions are just that. The one pay for Firefighter is just someone at the Basic level and the Firefighter/Medic is just people that are ALS providers. Not all the Firefighters in Fairfax are trained to the ALS level, but all I do believe are at the Basic Level.

Hey and good luck on your test man, and dont get discouraged as to how long the process takes. I know it may seem like a lot but its worth it in the end. I am just finishing up my process I had my poly last week and just waiting form the results for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugsley6485 View Post
                      The two different postions are just that. The one pay for Firefighter is just someone at the Basic level and the Firefighter/Medic is just people that are ALS providers. Not all the Firefighters in Fairfax are trained to the ALS level, but all I do believe are at the Basic Level.

Hey and good luck on your test man, and dont get discouraged as to how long the process takes. I know it may seem like a lot but its worth it in the end. I am just finishing up my process I had my poly last week and just waiting form the results for that.
                      Thanks for the info, bro. I hope all went well with the poly, ive had 3 polys, and waiting for the results SUCKS! Congrats on progressing in the hiring process, good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

• Took the written on the 18th and passed! Good luck to everyone else!

I hear the process is pretty long, but what are the odds like if you get through the written and CPAT. (without an ALS certification, I hear there is a lot of weight going to medics lately..)

Comment

• Originally posted by EKURescueFF View Post
                          Took the written on the 18th and passed! Good luck to everyone else!

I hear the process is pretty long, but what are the odds like if you get through the written and CPAT. (without an ALS certification, I hear there is a lot of weight going to medics lately..)
                          yea in my written i remember one of the female captains saying they are extremely interested in "females, minorities, and ALS providers be it EMT-P or I/99" So i decided to take the medic course, fortunately jersey is national registry.

Comment

• Yeah I rember when I took my written last year they said the same thing. I also live in Jersey but taking my Medic Classes from Phillie, and thank god they are national registry because that just makes everything easy for transfering you over to another state.

Comment

• Originally posted by EKURescueFF View Post
                              Took the written on the 18th and passed! Good luck to everyone else!

I was there with you, I passed as well!

Comment

• What Is The Fairfax Va. Fire Academy Is Like?

What The Faifax Va., Fire Academy Is Like?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X