fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
    So does everyone who passes the written move on to the next phase? Or do they have a lottery like lafd?
    Can't say. Maybe someone else knows.

Comment

• Seems like they move you on as you pass and when the next step is available. Giving them a big pool of eligible people at the end. From there I am not sure how they pick people for academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdgoalie View Post
        Seems like they move you on as you pass and when the next step is available. Giving them a big pool of eligible people at the end. From there I am not sure how they pick people for academy.
        Thats the biggest mystery considering you have 2 years to get the call.

What is even more troubling is that not everyone makes it to the end.

like its crazy...3,000 apply written cuts to 2,500 CPAT 2,150 Medical 1,654 Polygraph 1,000 Psych 400

Not accurate but you can see how this geaux.

Im hoping I get in the Spring Academy...if not I gotta do everything over again

Comment

Seems like they move you on as you pass and when the next step is available. Giving them a big pool of eligible people at the end. From there I am not sure how they pick people for academy.
          Not sure. I called HR and asked if the written was pass fail She said yes but I think she misunderstood me. I was asking if it would affect the rankings

I just hope that moving further along is a positive, and not just standard procedure. Once you finish the steps, what's the usual wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post

Not sure. I called HR and asked if the written was pass fail She said yes but I think she misunderstood me. I was asking if it would affect the rankings

I just hope that moving further along is a positive, and not just standard procedure. Once you finish the steps, what's the usual wait?
            I finished 07/23/2017 and im still waiting on the call.

Comment

• Has anyone been able to do all the steps in one trip?

hr told me 3 trips. First one for the written. 2nd for medical and poly and 3rd for the remaining steps

Comment

Has anyone been able to do all the steps in one trip?

hr told me 3 trips. First one for the written. 2nd for medical and poly and 3rd for the remaining steps
                That may be slightly off. I did the medical recently, but that is all that they scheduled. I still have to do poly and psych, which I believe are separate trips.

1. Written 2. Medical 3. Poly 4. Psych - Add in another if you need to do the CPAT.

Comment

• Does anybody know when Spring Academy calls geaux out?

Comment

That may be slightly off. I did the medical recently, but that is all that they scheduled. I still have to do poly and psych, which I believe are separate trips.

1. Written 2. Medical 3. Poly 4. Psych - Add in another if you need to do the CPAT.
                    That's just what they told me in an email when I asked them.

Comment

That's just what they told me in an email when I asked them.
                      Understood. Just giving you what I have done so far for a reference.

Comment

This is correct. every step in the process is individual. The only part you can skip is the CPAT provided your certification is 1 year old or less. If there are no budget freezes, you should finish the entire process in approximately a year, at which point you will be on the eligible list for up to 2 years. The frustrating part of the process is not knowing where you rank on the list, and the fact that there are constantly people entering the pool so you may be jumped by people who test after you.

Comment

• Im guessing that I am the only one finished and waiting? Anyone else?

Comment

• Waiting to do the poly. Poly & pysch - hopefully hear something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick367 View Post

This is correct. every step in the process is individual. The only part you can skip is the CPAT provided your certification is 1 year old or less. If there are no budget freezes, you should finish the entire process in approximately a year, at which point you will be on the eligible list for up to 2 years. The frustrating part of the process is not knowing where you rank on the list, and the fact that there are constantly people entering the pool so you may be jumped by people who test after you.
                              How is rank determined?

Comment

How is rank determined?
                                Honestly I have no clue. I am sure your written factors into the rank somewhat, (even though they say otherwise) and from what I have been told, every interaction you have with staff throughout the testing process could be considered an interview. I think there are probably notes and other scores taken during every step that we don't even know about.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X