fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYCjon26 View Post

so i was suppose to take the poly march 31st but then i received an email saying that they canceled my appt for the poly because i was not invited to take the exam. ( i went to the website and saw that you were allowed to make a appt) guess i wasnt allowed to make one unless i got told to do so. So back to waiting
    I was in the same boat. poly was scheduled for March 27 and was then canceled for the same reason. Just found it interesting that the governmentjobs.com account would change your status and allow you to schedule on if the department didn't want you to. But then again my account status is saying "C medical rating pending" even though my letter from Fairfax said "A rating"

Comment

• Just found out I passed the medical. Ok now what? Oh ya, back to waiting. Will check back here in a few months, once I schedule the poly.

Good luck.
      Last edited by e_a; 03-31-2017, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Hey yall I just took the Polygraph on 02/22/2017 and my status was updated to the Psychological Profile on 03/17/2017. Im sure it will be a long burn vefore I get scheduled for the next step

fyi... started recruitment on 04/2016...

Comment

• Originally posted by Black_Panther67 View Post
          Hey yall I just took the Polygraph on 02/22/2017 and my status was updated to the Psychological Profile on 03/17/2017. Im sure it will be a long burn vefore I get scheduled for the next step

fyi... started recruitment on 04/2016...
          Did you receive an email to set up a appointment for the poly?

Comment

• They emailed me a date and time on December 22nd for a poly on February 22nd.

Remember I passed Medical on August 2016.

I have no idea how long I have to wait until the psych. Is it hard to pass?

Comment

• Psych is not hard. Just speak clear and always be consistent with your answers. I took a psych before they ask you questions about yourself, school, jobs. I have never taken a poly though. But i believe they are a bit the same. If you passed the poly. then you should not worry about the psych.

Comment

• Last step. Im hoping I pass. Im ready to become a hero. The whole 9.

Comment

• Good luck. Hopefully it goes well. Does anyone else find the process strange how there is no interview with the department?

Comment

• Thanks man! This has been an amazing journey for me. Was once 350lbs and dropped to 235lbs with hopes to become a firefighter...a real life hero. And it is a bit odd there isnt a interview. But thats what the psych is for im guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick367 View Post
                      Good luck. Hopefully it goes well. Does anyone else find the process strange how there is no interview with the department?
                      There is an interview, but it's not in front of a panel like 99% of fire or police departments you'll apply to. After the psychological exam, the Dr. will interview you and ask all the usual questions you would field at a panel interview, so be ready for it.

Comment

• Any idea how long the wait is for the psych test?

Comment

• Between my poly and psych was about a month if I'm remembering correctly. Definitely no more than 2 months. And after the psych test, they'll contact your current/previous employers about you. And after a month goes by, if you've survived that whole gauntlet, you get a letter in the mail stating you're done with the process and to await a phone call to start the academy. A lovely little notice states that if 24 months go by without hearing anything that you have to reapply and go through it all again. Good times.

Comment

• Wow....i took poly on feb 22nd 2017..closing in on 2 months and no word for the psych test yet

Comment

• I just got an email to schedule for my poly in June!

Comment

• Yea.....slow burn it is

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...