Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah i believe so cause Prince William County is taking forever..been 9months with them. Hoping FF can advance me forward due to the fact I have cpat already

Comment

• Originally posted by Black_Panther67 View Post
      They move that slow?
      Yeah, I sat for a text back in... I want to say July? I'd already passed CPAT by then so I mailed in my certified CPAT letter after I got my Fairfax exam results. Didn't hear a peep from them till January and that was to schedule my medical for February. Nothing since that, either. Just to give you an idea.

Comment

• Their process is designed to be slow. They do have a very long backlog of candidates between the cpat and the poly parts of the process because of how many test. Also I believe they designed to take at least a year because they wanna see how truly dedicated you are to their dept to see if your willing to drive back and forth and be patient over a whole year. I took the written back in July of 2014 and completed it and got my letter in August of 2015

Comment

• Looks like Im in it for long haul then smh

Comment

• I can also attest to how long their process takes. I applied back in October of 2014 and just last month I received my completion letter. It's definitely a long road.

Comment

• I think the only way to really move through the process faster is to already be a medic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Co5volunteer View Post
                I think the only way to really move through the process faster is to already be a medic.
                Being a medic definitely helps, especially as the department is short on medics. But really it is just a numbers game, my class was half medic and the other half was split between people already having EMT certs and the other half with no certs at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SACTMD View Post
                  Being a medic definitely helps, especially as the department is short on medics. But really it is just a numbers game, my class was half medic and the other half was split between people already having EMT certs and the other half with no certs at all.
                  How is the academy going for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SACTMD View Post
                    Not sure if that's good or not. I test out for national registry paramedic in July, so hoping it'll get me a spot in the September class.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvfd3068 View Post
                      I haven't heard anything about when their next academy is, but I did get an email with my polygraph rescheduled for may, and they open their process back up tommorow i believe, so I would assume the next class would be sooner rather than later.
                      Did you go for your second poly yet? How did it go for you?

Comment

• Hey just out of curiosity how is fairfax able to hire so many people. Hold two classes every year and test year round. How do they have the room for all that personnel

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Hey just out of curiosity how is fairfax able to hire so many people. Hold two classes every year and test year round. How do they have the room for all that personnel
                          Im not sure exactly...just took medical on 06/24/2016...but hey more chances to get in

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Hey just out of curiosity how is fairfax able to hire so many people. Hold two classes every year and test year round. How do they have the room for all that personnel
                            I'm not sure but the hiring process really just establishes an eligibility list. My guess is they always have personnel retiring, being promoted, and leaving for other opportunities.

Comment

• Okay so I just the word that I have moved on to the last phase. Can anyone share what the psychological profile is like? Does it really take the 6-8 hours they tell you? I am sure I won't be considered for the next class but I am hoping to have all my "ducks in a row" for the spring academy.

Comment

• It could take that long. You take a written, you turn it in, they give you a time to come back, you get interviewed by a psych. I did mine within 3-4 hrs.
                                Originally posted by hopefulinva View Post
                                Okay so I just the word that I have moved on to the last phase. Can anyone share what the psychological profile is like? Does it really take the 6-8 hours they tell you? I am sure I won't be considered for the next class but I am hoping to have all my "ducks in a row" for the spring academy.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X