Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tiller1 View Post
    VAvol703
    When did you take your poly test with fairfax?
    I haven't for Fairfax yet, that was my experience with Prince William. Just from what I had read though most people said they get their poly results more or less immediately, regardless of department.

Comment

• So question for anybody that might have an answer. I took the polygraph with fairfax about....o I'll say 4-5 months ago . got an email back saying the results were inconclusive, so they would try to schedule me for another one, but that it might take 6 months or more. Does anybody know if they will give me another poly or not? I know they open back up on April 2nd, I'm probably going to apply regardless, was just curious. thanks.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything as to when their next academy class is? After my polygraph a month or so ago, the gentleman that tested me mentioned that a class was set around September. He said he wasn't positive though, so hopefully it's sooner than that, but I can wait. I've passed everything for them, so now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for some good news.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about when their next academy is, but I did get an email with my polygraph rescheduled for may, and they open their process back up tommorow i believe, so I would assume the next class would be sooner rather than later.

Comment

• There are two classes currently in the academy. One is graduating in a couple weeks, the other in early September. The next class to start will be in the fall, some time after the class graduates in September. Dates haven't been set yet, at least that I know of.

Comment

• The rumors I've heard around the academy is class 141 will start in September

Comment

• Just got my completion letter. Man, that one note on it that says that it's possible I may still not get the job after a 24-month period even after all of that... Ouch.

Comment

• So I went in two weeks ago for my poly. The test took just two hours and the investigator seemed to imply things were okay. He mentioned that there was a question " I didn't like" but he gave the impression that it wasn't horrible. Then I got a brief email telling me that I didn't have the minimum qualifications to continue in the process. I have tried to contact the captain to get more clarification (assuming it was the poly) but also understanding that there are often inconclusive results. I really can't believe there could be such an abrupt end to this. I didn't have any reason to lie on my poly and can't believe that this would be what tripped me up. Does anyone know of any actions I can take at this point? Do I really have to reapply in October to restart this whole process? I am just hesitant because I would hate to get to the poly again just to get tripped up again.

Comment

• Bummer. I got DQ'd too but according to the poly examiner things were looking in my favor. Passed psych with recommendation, class A on medical. TBH i have no idea why departments even use poly, poly's won't hold up in court cause they're unreliable pseudo-science.

As far as action, I asked the captain what exactly got me DQ but I never received a response. All I know is you'd have to wait until your year is over to reapply (I.E you applied in October 2016, have to wait till oct 2017)

Originally posted by hopefulinva View Post
                    So I went in two weeks ago for my poly. The test took just two hours and the investigator seemed to imply things were okay. He mentioned that there was a question " I didn't like" but he gave the impression that it wasn't horrible. Then I got a brief email telling me that I didn't have the minimum qualifications to continue in the process. I have tried to contact the captain to get more clarification (assuming it was the poly) but also understanding that there are often inconclusive results. I really can't believe there could be such an abrupt end to this. I didn't have any reason to lie on my poly and can't believe that this would be what tripped me up. Does anyone know of any actions I can take at this point? Do I really have to reapply in October to restart this whole process? I am just hesitant because I would hate to get to the poly again just to get tripped up again.

Comment

• My take on the poly is to only give the information they asked for, and be confident and consistent in your answers both before you're hooked up to the machine and during. While hooked up, focus on being calm and regulate your breathing. There are long periods of time in between each question that you can spend almost in a meditative state. Never ever give in to pressure to disclose more than you chose to originally.

This one guy I heard had the investigator insisting almost angrily that he "knew" he wasn't telling the truth and repeatedly demanding that he tell him the "real truth" or something similar. That guy stuck to his guns, though he walked out convinced he had failed abysmally, but magically two weeks later he got a call telling him he passed and to come in for the next step.

There is no 'trick' to the poly; it's just a matter of giving only what's asked and no more. Sorry to hear about your poly results, you two--hopefully something I've said can shed some light on why you think you might not have passed, or at least help you pass on a second go.

Comment

• Just took the written today 05-18-2016. Saw seating for about 90 people.

Comment

• Scores out for the test that took place on 05/18/2016. Gonna turn in my PHS and CPAT cert to fed ex on monday. The faster the better right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Black_Panther67 View Post
                            Scores out for the test that took place on 05/18/2016. Gonna turn in my PHS and CPAT cert to fed ex on monday. The faster the better right?
                            It will be at least a 12 month process.

Comment

• They move that slow?

Comment

• Depends. I got processed within 2-3 months after passing the written, a friend of mine didn't get processed for 5-6. It's a county job and typically counties (or any place with thousands of applicants) tend to move at a slower pace. For example where I'm from, the sought out department's process can take up to 3 years.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X