No announcement yet.

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you PM me? I can't PM you, thanks.

Originally posted by O501 View Post
    PM me with your questions. Ask whatever you want. I was hired before the big changes to the EMS system took hold in 2009, and I've worked in a few different states, with different deployment models, so I can give perspective.

Comment

• [QUOTE=VAvol703;1455421]Didn't start PT until mid-week 2? Lucky you guys. Every academy I know starts it the first day of recruit school. Enjoy the relative ease of PT during EMT class, once Fire starts that daily PT is really going to wear you down on practical days!

PT is rough for sure. Life gets a little easier when we start Suppression in April (when the 139th class graduates) and our PT gets rolled into fire like activities, but it'll still be tough. We start EMT tomorrow, so let the 8 week countdown begin

Comment

• Sorry, just saw this. Sending you a PM now. (Snacula)

My PM was turned off for some reason. Fixed it.
        Last edited by O501; 02-27-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Wow after not hearing anything from HR since July I finally got my poly scheduled. Now to just relax and pass this thing and move on to the psych.
          Can anyone give a heads up as to how much time to allot for the exam? Is it a half day or full day? I start at 7:30am if that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefulinva View Post
            Wow after not hearing anything from HR since July I finally got my poly scheduled. Now to just relax and pass this thing and move on to the psych.
            Can anyone give a heads up as to how much time to allot for the exam? Is it a half day or full day? I start at 7:30am if that matters.
            When do you go?

Comment

• Originally posted by tiller1 View Post
              When do you go?
              I am scheduled for the 30th. I passed the CPAT last February and took the medical in Late July.

Comment

I am scheduled for the 30th. I passed the CPAT last February and took the medical in Late July.
                I go on march 17th. I did my medical back in june.

Comment

• I have been searching through this whole thread and figured i could ask. I was just curious about some basic info about the dept and the hiring process and how everything works. I am a national registry paramedic and noticed that they always seem to be taking apps for paramedics. Just curious on academy, how the medic hiring process works, pay and all the basic stuff. I am very interested in applying!

Thanks

You could even PM me if it would be easier!
                  Last edited by ffmedic334; 03-13-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Hey so has anybody talked to recruitment lately or heard anything any updates ect

Comment

I go on march 17th. I did my medical back in june.
                      So how did the poly go?

Comment

So how did the poly go?
                        It went pretty good. I was there for about 4 hours. I was told that I would probably hear something by end of next week.

Comment

• They didn't tell you right there if there were any abnormal findings? Mine did (no abnormal findings, and that I passed), and from what I hear that's typical. Can't speak with authority though.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAvol703 View Post
                            They didn't tell you right there if there were any abnormal findings? Mine did (no abnormal findings, and that I passed), and from what I hear that's typical. Can't speak with authority though.
                            I asked. all he said was I did good and he couldn't say anything else.

Comment

I asked. all he said was I did good and he couldn't say anything else.
                              VAvol703
                              When did you take your poly test with fairfax?

Comment

• I remember when I took my poly the guy administering it told me that your poly gets Q&A by recruitment and they have the final say on wether you pass or not. If you do you should get an email in like 2 weeks saying you passed

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X