Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fairfax county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I ask what the difference is between the City and the County of Fairfax? Does it operate as a separate Department? Or, is it more of a sister Department?
    Local 2068

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryChan
      May I ask what the difference is between the City and the County of Fairfax? Does it operate as a separate Department? Or, is it more of a sister Department?
      both sort of
      Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
      -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
      LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• The City and the County are two totally seperate departments with separate employees, SOPs, volunteer organizations, equipment (except I have seen Truck 3 using a County reserve), EMS protocols and more. The City is dispatched by the County and utilizes the County CAD system.

The city has two stations.
        The county has thirty-six stations.

Clear as mud?
        Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by Kobersteen
          The City and the County are two totally seperate departments with separate employees, SOPs, volunteer organizations, equipment (except I have seen Truck 3 using a County reserve), EMS protocols and more. The City is dispatched by the County and utilizes the County CAD system.

The city has two stations.
          The county has thirty-six stations.

Clear as mud?
          Like I said, sort of. And volunteers at station 6 are sort of Arlington and sort of Fairfax.
          Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
          -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
          LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

• Recruitment Captain Pfeifer retired?

I heard that Capt. Pfeifer retired and there's a new recruitment Captain. Anyone have any inside info about how this may/may not change the direction of recruitment?

Comment

• Originally posted by tucker9
              I heard that Capt. Pfeifer retired and there's a new recruitment Captain. Anyone have any inside info about how this may/may not change the direction of recruitment?

Captain Cheri Stroup is now the Captain II of recruitment. I'm not sure how (or if!) this will change recruitment. Personally, I like Cheri and I think she will do very well up there.

Comment

• recruit school 121

Any recruits from the 121 class post here? If so congrats to all!! After all the hard work and application process (which seemed like an eternity,but really wasnt)..I made it. This is something I have been looking forward to for years since I moved to Fairfax, VA, close to five years ago..I look forward to meeting and working with you all this December..I've noticed a few people from the county posting on here and was really interested in finding out what life during recruit schools going to be like? If you want to PM me with like a minor description of what schools going to be like, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Im looking for an idea of what class, PT and all is goig to be like..

Thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeWard
                  For Fairfax County, they were to meet the diversity as represented by the metro Washington DC Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area (SMSA). This area includes Washington DC and Prince George's County (MD). In the 1970's the fire department hiring diversity issue was African Americans.
                  That would make the requirement for blacks around 80 or 90 percent. I used to live in PG.

Originally posted by willisjones
                  The drugs question said other than marijuana and the amounts we discussed previously have you used any other drugs? To both questions I answered truthfully and said no.
                  Am I being too literal? the answer for me would be yes. Nothing illegal, but i was given Demerol for an eye injury many years ago and numerous unknown locals.
                  Last edited by DonSmithnotTMD; 11-05-2006, 04:56 PM.
                  I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonSmithnotTMD
                    That would make the requirement for blacks around 80 or 90 percent. I used to live in PG.
                    No, the hiring goal reflects the diversity of the combined jurisdictions. A more accurate figure is 29% for African Americans within this statistical area.

Comment

• paramedic from ohio near lancaster area looking for a job anywhere.

Originally posted by nlfdrescue8
                      i am a 20yr old firefighter 2/paramedic from ohio near lancaster area looking for a job anywhere.... i wouldnt mind moving for the right job, and any input would be very helpful. thanks
                      If you are seriouse about moving anywhere and desire low cost living then check this out: www.southwestmedevac.com they are Recruiting Paramedic's, (and Nurses) they provide the Flight Paramedic training and exams(FPC), CCEMTP course, great salery, for the area. They also have advertisement on Firehouse for 2 of the 12 bases, and opening more in 2007.check it on flightweb.com as well. sorry though no firefighting...have to sacrafice something for the Rotor i gues.
                      well, Be safe

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.-Leo Aikman

Comment

• Who does FX County Hire...

So I've been looking at the recent recruit classes trying to figure out who the county likes to hire. Who is the county after....educated (high test scores), young, experienced, ethnic, rough & tough??? The last recruit class photo I saw, for instance, looks fairly diverse but they certainly don't look like big beefy studs or tough gals...they look fairly wimpy....even a little geeky. When I look at other departments (large), their hires sort of fit the standard of what most of the public would expect (tough guys, GQ, muscular, meatheads, etc.). I know I'm gonna get ribbed for this but........when you look at the class pictures, it's confusing (granted by looks only). Go ahead...take your shots. But honestly who are they looking for???

Comment

• You hit the nail on the head with one of your observations. Diversity. Not just ethinic, but in every way.

Fairfax County is looking for a number of different things, paramedics, multi-language speakers, minorities and many other things. Since I am not in recruitment, I cannot answer for all of the things that Fairfax County is looking for.

Also keep in mind that those photos are taken at the beginning of rookie school. I know I looked much different from beginning to end!

Comment

• December 16th Test

Anyone taking the Dec. 16th test in a couple of weeks?

Comment

• What Are The Chances Of Getting Hired With Out Having Emt Or Medic Ccertification.

Comment

• Originally posted by ffthomas2002
                                What Are The Chances Of Getting Hired With Out Having Emt Or Medic Ccertification.
                                Not bad... just be patient.

Do you speak another language? Anything else that sets you apart from the crowd?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X