Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

fdny 05'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fdny 05'

Anyone expecting to get into the sept 05' class on this forum? What numbers are you people?

Originally posted by Mattderose
    Anyone expecting to get into the sept 05' class on this forum? What numbers are you people?

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=70939

Comment

Yeaaa Im Waiting... List Number Is 1363... Shouldnt Be To Long Now!!!!!

Comment

Sap, just wondering - FDNY's website says they got to list number 1372 - did you get skipped over for the last class? Good luck either way!
        IAFF
        PFANJ

Comment

Buck,
          they passed me up cause they said my EKG came back irregular... made me go for stress tests, and all these things... everything came back ok, but by the time they made me re take the stairs and filed an appeal i had missed the class.
          Nothings worth having is easy, but i'm all cleared and ready!

Comment

im at 1439 just waiting for that letter hopefully comin next week. Once you see it on paper you feel a lot better.

Comment

Cool. Good luck to both of you. I'm hoping for January, looks like I will be right on the bubble for that class.
              IAFF
              PFANJ

Comment

matt,
                looks like next week our new best friend is going to be the mailman!
                can't wait to see that letter in front of my face...i feel like its takin forever to get to this point... now the real fun begins!!
                see u on the 19th to get sworn in!

Buck, keep training bro... january isnt to far away... before you know it sneaks up on you and your there!!! no slacking now!!!
                good luck bro

Comment

1421 here and waiting for the mailman.

Comment

Medicals

What date did you (September class canidates), go for your medical/psychological exams? I am trying to estimate a time line.Thanks for posting all of your updates, very helpful to us possible future canidates.

Comment

Went for my medical beginning of April 05 and Pysch at the end of the month i believe, or just later on in the month.

Comment

I was at the "rock" a few weeks ago and I heard that the September class is the LAST class for a while. The next class after September is supposed to be in August of '06 and that's probably the LAST class for list 2043. But you never know.....

Comment

What's up Muttly - good to see you posting here, even though you're on the job already!

Anyway - when we went to FDNY headquarters for our background investigation, our investigators said with our numbers we were looking at being either in the January 06 or May 06 classes.

I know how these rumors circulate, and that things change daily (especially with the city, and with elections coming up) but, I'd be kind of shocked if things slowed down that much.

Hope all is well with you
                          Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Comment

Chances

hello, my name is Matt and i just found out that i didnt pass my EMT-B national test the first time. I plan to take the test again. (until i pass it) and i was just wondering how my chances with the FDNY were without EMT. I plan to test in october 06'. My plan was to get on FDNY ems and the take the promotional to firefighter. i feel like a dipsh*t for not passing emt, but i will hopfully have my fire science degree by 06', if all goes well. so any input would be helpfull. thank you!!

Comment

matt

I was thinking about doing the same thing. After you pass, call FDNY immediately to get your name on the list for the next EMS test. It will take a couple months, then if you get on there, you'll have to wait another while to take the promotional exams. I dont know how many promotional exams there are a year, so if you work as an EMT besides in FDNY then you might as well take the open competitive exam for FF in 06". good luck

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90