FDNY Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY Test Results

Was wondering if anyone who has taken the physical test received their official results yet? I had called the DCAS a week after to ask how long it would take and they had said 6 to 8 weeks. Well, it's just past 8 weeks for me, so I was wondering if anyone else received anything official. I'm pretty sure I aced it, but would at least like to see it in writing

Jim

GO YANKEES!

TINO MARTINEZ NYY #24 -- Still better than Giambi
    Jim

[email protected]

i have not either recieved any info on my results-i wish i can be optimistic and say i aced the exam but i dont feel thats the case- i have been very antsy as well as u i bet, to find out what we got on our test- they must be getting the list set, so we will get a number with the results as well

Comment

It takes a year to establish the list so they cant give you your number until they have completed ALL the applicants physicals.... it took 1 year to establish the last exam 7029 and thats good for another year. Good luck.

Comment

hey you guys know how they score the physical test? there were the 8 events and they said it was pass fail. im not quite sure how they score that- does anyone know? thanks johnny

Comment

Hey guys

Johnny, just curious, when did you take the test?

I think the way the score it is each test is Pass Fail. If you fail one event, then it's 7 events divided by 8 (=87.5%) and then that is added to your written test and divided by two. That's why you had to at least pass two events (75%) or you failed the whole physical. Hope that helps.

As for the list establishment, my understanding was that they would give you your test results for the physical before they started medicals, background checks and after that would establish a list. That's why I was waiting for the results (which still haven't come)

Jim
          ------------
          GO YANKEES!

Jim

[email protected]

Comment

hey jim i had taken the physical exam on august 13- still have not got the results either-i was doing pretty well until i got to the hose advance through the maze- i was cruising until of course i got to the exit and the hose snagged and i just tried to pull it out and completely killed all my energy - of course with that, the mental part of having to block out that i just failed one event was not easy to deal with either but never the less i finished it-do u happen to know the official number of guys that actually took the exam? i know "the chief" usually has that info, but being in florida i dont have access to that- i was looking online to see if it was posted but didnt find it johnny

Comment

Hey Johnny:

Well, don't beat yourself up thinking about how you may or may not have done in the meantime. That had to have been incredibly frustrating. But what I found when I practiced the events at Randalls Island was that 45 seconds is actually a lot of time. I had the same thing happen with the hose advance when I was practicing in May and thought I had failed the event, when in fact, I was just at maximum time (or just over it). So I guess it's just a matter of wait and see.

As to the numbers of people taking the test, well, I had read somewhere in the 14-15,000 range. Not sure. I did read that from the last test, those whose combined score was 90 and above were hired. Considering I don't have any additional points for residency or military, I need all of them I can get! I'm turning 30 in a few weeks so this was my first (and probably only) shot.

As to the Chief Leader, I don't think they have an online site.

Talk to you

Jim
              ------------
              GO YANKEES!

Jim

[email protected]

Comment

just curious jim do u live on the island? well there are a few routs to go if u want to get on-im sure u know of the promotion exam from emt-im going to do that- how you doing with the credits? i myself went to randalls island for the training that was given for one day- after that i thought for sure the hose feed was going to give me the toughest time. the hose advance i did no problem- like i said during the exam it was the opposite the hose feed was a breeze and the hose advance got me-but right now its wait and see like u said
                johnny

Comment

Hey Johnny:

I live in just across the river in Jersey, literally 20 minutes away, which is why it's frustrating about the five extra points. If I had them, and I only got one wrong on the written, I think I'd be in a good position to be appointed next November. But, so be it. This guy I met the day of the written test was telling me to put a friends address down and get the extra points. It was tempting, but I really couldn't see myself doing that, if for nothing else than realizing that you could lose all you worked for if you got caught.

Hey, if you'd like to email me directly, my address is [email protected]

Talk to you
                  Jim

------------
                  GO YANKEES!

Jim

[email protected]

Comment

UPDATE

I spoke to someone this morning at Department of Citywide Administrative Services, and supposedly the test results won't be mailed out till Janurary/February. Not sure if this is correct, since the people at the same office had said 6-8 weeks, but that's all the info I have.

Jim
                    ------------
                    GO YANKEES! # 27 in sight...

Jim

[email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola