job info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job info please

Hello my name is Lloyd DuBose and I am in the military at this time. I attended a fire academy in Texas in 1995 and graduated but there just werent enough jobs availabe so I worked in civilian market for a while before comin back into military. I am looking to possibly try to get a Department that needs fireman that would be willing to look at my resume and possibly hire me . I paid for academy , or Government did my first time, so I would like to get hired before going thru this again. I will be a little older at 33 when i exit military in January 05 but am looking for a career after this. Im not sure what age group departments are looking for but
    I will say I am dedicated to my work and would make a good asset to any department. I am very confident in myself to attend and graduate any academy or school for certification in any state. I need a more stable occupation than military. I would appreciate any information anyone could give me, as I am planning now for my exit from the military.

Jobs

Check out the jobs section of this web site by clicking here:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/jobs/

You can learn more on testing secrets in the career article section of this firehouse.com web site: http://cms.firehouse.com/content/sec...sp?sectionId=8

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
    http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Re: job info please

Originally posted by lloyddubose
      Hello my name is Lloyd DuBose and I am in the military at this time. I attended a fire academy in Texas in 1995 and graduated but there just werent enough jobs availabe so I worked in civilian market for a while before comin back into military. I am looking to possibly try to get a Department that needs fireman that would be willing to look at my resume and possibly hire me . I paid for academy , or Government did my first time, so I would like to get hired before going thru this again. I will be a little older at 33 when i exit military in January 05 but am looking for a career after this. Im not sure what age group departments are looking for but
      I will say I am dedicated to my work and would make a good asset to any department. I am very confident in myself to attend and graduate any academy or school for certification in any state. I need a more stable occupation than military. I would appreciate any information anyone could give me, as I am planning now for my exit from the military.

Try www.usajobs.opm.gov and chose series 0081

That will give you approx 50-70 Firefighter jobs for the DOD (civilian jobs mostly)

You can buy back your military time, and have it count towards fire fighter retirement, it will also give you more time towards vacation. And if you went to Goodfellow, check with AFCESA (out of Tindall AFB to see if you can get your fire certifications IFSAC certified if they are not already. They will accept the Ifsca or Pro-board classes with no problem.

Just a suggestion, not trying to be rude, but when you fill out the application (which can be done online for alot of them), watch the writing. Sentence structure will go along way on the Apps (I know most people are a little more care-free with message forums) but I have seen several applications that sound like:

I want be fireman, I train to be good firemans.

As nice as it looks in here, Chiefs dont cotton to euphamisic metaphors and Net-Speak.. (grin).. (and dont put (grin) in there)

Gerard

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X