Gee, Look what I found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, Look what I found!

I just happened to be browsing the Terms of Service, and I found these interesting little tidbits...

"Representatives or associates of manufactuers will not be permitted to post messages that directly promote their products or harm the reputation of another product or manufactuer. All commercial related representatives or associates MUST identify themselves as such within EACH post."

"Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB. Logging in as multiple usernames on the same topics is also prohibited."

Too bad, too. Becuase I was just going to start posting advertisements for MY consulting business. I guess I won't now, because the webteam doesn't allow marketing of a private consultants business here.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

very good point!

Comment

George....

If you recall...I was suspended for something similar. Additionally as a consultant myself I got blasted for answering someone's PPE Question, not only on here but was then verbally attacked buy a regional sales manager of the product of discussion. He backed down a bit when I offered to show him photos to back up my comments.

So, now I very carefully select my words when commenting on certain issues. People have the ability to EMAIL me and ask me further questions if they like. But to make sure I am meeting the TOX, I refrain from discussing a lot of stuff here.

Even though I did not/do not feel the items I discuss are advertising or marketing, I still refrain...(with difficulty at times). My intent when commenting on PPE and other products is to relay my experiences with that product and discuss my knowledge of the product in the interest of safety. Although I am a consultant, I am salaried...not commission... I know the company still benefits...but..most of the folks on here are miles and miles away from me and would never by my customers.
      09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
      ------------------------------
      IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
      "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
      BMI Investigator
      ------------------------------
      The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Originally posted by captstanm1
        George....

If you recall...I was suspended for something similar. Additionally as a consultant myself I got blasted for answering someone's PPE Question, not only on here but was then verbally attacked buy a regional sales manager of the product of discussion. He backed down a bit when I offered to show him photos to back up my comments.

So, now I very carefully select my words when commenting on certain issues. People have the ability to EMAIL me and ask me further questions if they like. But to make sure I am meeting the TOX, I refrain from discussing a lot of stuff here.

Even though I did not/do not feel the items I discuss are advertising or marketing, I still refrain...(with difficulty at times). My intent when commenting on PPE and other products is to relay my experiences with that product and discuss my knowledge of the product in the interest of safety. Although I am a consultant, I am salaried...not commission... I know the company still benefits...but..most of the folks on here are miles and miles away from me and would never by my customers.
        I remember. I got a very terse PM frm the WT in reference to this subject, so I am reluctant to say much. They assured me that they conducted an investigation, but they would not tell me about it. Sooo............

Comment

So why doesn't the WT pot something so we all know that the sitauation is being/has been taken care of?
          The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
          We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
          IACOJ

Comment

I think your complaint is well founded and deserves a public reply from WT. Any response yet?
            ullrichk
            a.k.a.
            perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

Originally posted by ullrichk
              I think your complaint is well founded and deserves a public reply from WT. Any response yet?
              I get the impression that the WT does not feel the need to respond publicly. They told me in a PM that they are "looking into the situation".

I think that if more people reported these posts and expressed their opinions to the WT, they may be more responsive. Right now, they are just mad at me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X