Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Consortium (Puget Sound, VRFA, Tukwila, Renton, Eastside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I got a 90 and no interview :/

Wonder what the cut off was? I can't ever seem to meet the cut for Puget Sound lol.

Comment

Not sure. I scored a 96 on NTN and didn't make the cutoff for a few departments. Some departments interview 180 for 2 positions (accidentally cc'ed applicants) to 20 interviews for 3 spots (I had to cancel that interview due to conflicts). Trying to figure out how they hire is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
        Damn. I got a 90 and no interview :/

Wonder what the cut off was? I can't ever seem to meet the cut for Puget Sound lol.
        I made the cut-off with 95. This game is always hard to play, but it must've been a high scoring test this time if you didn't make the cut with 90. Based on Eastside's website, Eastside is planning to do interviews off this test too, so I'm guessing you'll definitely be in the running for that one. In the past, they've been pretty liberal with inviting everyone with a passing score to participate in a rapid interview before moving to oral boards.

Comment

Originally posted by js2020 View Post

I made the cut-off with 95. This game is always hard to play, but it must've been a high scoring test this time if you didn't make the cut with 90. Based on Eastside's website, Eastside is planning to do interviews off this test too, so I'm guessing you'll definitely be in the running for that one. In the past, they've been pretty liberal with inviting everyone with a passing score to participate in a rapid interview before moving to oral boards.
          Yeah I got an interview with Eastside last time with an 80.42%. Moved on with Renton with an ~82.xx% (both PST), so I'm curious what Puget Sound used for the cutoff for this test

Seems like every department that uses the FPSI test has a really high cutoff (West Pierce, Central Pierce, Tacoma)

Comment

Eastside rapid interview notifications just went out via email. Scheduling email to follow.

Comment

Yep got that one.

That turnaround time is super quick if you move to second round interviews...especially if you're from out of state
              Last edited by Boize208; 05-19-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Yep got that one.

That turnaround time is super quick if you move to second round interviews...especially if you're from out of state
                Yep, brutal. I think it was this same cadence last time too. Lucky for me I didn't have to worry about that second round lol

Comment

Has anyone heard from Renton? I received an interview RSVP a few weeks ago from my PST test, but then I haven't heard anything else. I'm curious if the delay is for including people that took this test?

I'm also curious if South King/Tukwila is hiring this round?

Edit: Just got an e-mail ESF-R is not interviewing.
                  Last edited by FireClimber; 05-25-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Nothing yet from Renton after I got the invite to apply.

Also Eastside just canceled their interviews....

Guess it's a good thing I didn't book a basic economy flight.
                    Last edited by Boize208; 05-25-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Nothing yet from Renton after I got the invite to apply.

Also Eastside just canceled their interviews....

Guess it's a good thing I didn't book a basic economy flight.
                      Did eastside give a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by KP85 View Post

Did eastside give a reason?
                        Dear Candidate,

Thank you very much for your interest in Eastside Fire & Rescue, and for taking the time to complete the WA Fire Careers exam.

The reason for this email is to inform you of a change to Eastside Fire & Rescue’s intent to interview. Due to unforeseen concerns brought to our attention after interview invitations were sent, we are regretfully postponing our interview process until further notice. Please note that this does not change the process for any of the other agencies involved in the WA Fire Careers consortium.

Eastside Fire & Rescue will email you directly when our next recruitment process opens up. Meanwhile, if you have questions regarding our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected].

Respectfully,

Comment

Originally posted by FireClimber View Post

Dear Candidate,

Thank you very much for your interest in Eastside Fire & Rescue, and for taking the time to complete the WA Fire Careers exam.

The reason for this email is to inform you of a change to Eastside Fire & Rescue’s intent to interview. Due to unforeseen concerns brought to our attention after interview invitations were sent, we are regretfully postponing our interview process until further notice. Please note that this does not change the process for any of the other agencies involved in the WA Fire Careers consortium.

Eastside Fire & Rescue will email you directly when our next recruitment process opens up. Meanwhile, if you have questions regarding our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected].

Respectfully,
                          Ssoooooo..... no...

Comment

Originally posted by FireClimber View Post
                            Has anyone heard from Renton? I received an interview RSVP a few weeks ago from my PST test, but then I haven't heard anything else. I'm curious if the delay is for including people that took this test?

I'm also curious if South King/Tukwila is hiring this round?

Edit: Just got an e-mail ESF-R is not interviewing.
                            I tried to contact Tukwila's HR before the test to see if they were hiring this round, and I never heard back.

South King is doing interviews on June 11th. They were contacting candidates by calling them, so check your voicemail. I got a call about a week ago, but had to decline because I couldn't make it to the in person interviews that day.

Comment

Never got anything from South King, so they must have had a high cut off like Puget Sound

Comment

Renton already did 1st round interviews. So yeah looks like we're out of luck. Wonder why they even invited some of us to apply....

Looks like this whole consortium was a bust lol. At least I got an interview with Bellevue.
                                Last edited by Boize208; 05-29-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X