Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Consortium (Puget Sound, VRFA, Tukwila, Renton, Eastside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Consortium (Puget Sound, VRFA, Tukwila, Renton, Eastside)

Anyone else taking the written for the wafirecareers consortium departments?

Get the Don Mcnea for tacoma, they are using the same test. Thats how I got a 97 on tacoma test.

Comment

Where is testing for this hosted? PST?

Comment

Originally posted by WestTarheel View Post
        Google washington fire careers, its their own thing. They are getting away from PST, which is great. They are doing it online with proctor. I think the deadline to register was last week.. only 33 bucks to test with 6 agencies

Comment

Originally posted by KP85 View Post

Google washington fire careers, its their own thing. They are getting away from PST, which is great. They are doing it online with proctor. I think the deadline to register was last week.. only 33 bucks to test with 6 agencies
          Will do thank you. Sounds like I might have missed it but thats a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WestTarheel View Post
            Online. Using FPSI. But it's actually proctored unlike when Tacoma, West Pierce, and Central Pierce used the FPSI test

Comment

Anyone else having major issues trying to take this test? I've been trying for about 6 hours to start it and Examity's tech support isn't great

Comment

Originally posted by njlegion View Post
                Anyone else having major issues trying to take this test? I've been trying for about 6 hours to start it and Examity's tech support isn't great
                Had some problems initially. The examity instructions specific instructions weren't comprehensive or concise of some of the security settings that needed to be checked before the exam today. And I had to do some troubleshooting on my own while I was logging on today. I figured out that I had to go into my settings to make sure my system camera was set as the default for google chrome (I couldn't even take my initial pictures required to log in). Then I had to change my system privacy settings to allow chrome to monitor my screen which required a google chrome restart. The restart of chrome kicked me out of my test and I couldn't get back in because the system thought I had already finished my scheduled exam (which wasn't true...I hadn't even finished logging in lol).

Luckily, I was able to hold of a customer service rep on the chat feature (phone lines were busy) and they reset my test session for me and stayed on chat with me until I was logged in.

I guess I'm all set for the next test in 6 months, assuming I still have the same computer, but that was a bit stressful today. Did you get yours figured out?

Comment

Originally posted by js2020 View Post

Had some problems initially. The examity instructions specific instructions weren't comprehensive or concise of some of the security settings that needed to be checked before the exam today. And I had to do some troubleshooting on my own while I was logging on today. I figured out that I had to go into my settings to make sure my system camera was set as the default for google chrome (I couldn't even take my initial pictures required to log in). Then I had to change my system privacy settings to allow chrome to monitor my screen which required a google chrome restart. The restart of chrome kicked me out of my test and I couldn't get back in because the system thought I had already finished my scheduled exam (which wasn't true...I hadn't even finished logging in lol).

Luckily, I was able to hold of a customer service rep on the chat feature (phone lines were busy) and they reset my test session for me and stayed on chat with me until I was logged in.

I guess I'm all set for the next test in 6 months, assuming I still have the same computer, but that was a bit stressful today. Did you get yours figured out?

a total of 9 hours after my original test time I'm done, I think. dealing with examity was a nightmare.

without discussing the specific of the test, did that test feel like it was missing a very big part part of what is normally including in tests like this?

Comment

No issues here. Everything went smoothly. It was basically the same exact test that Tacoma, West Pierce, and Central Pierce used. I think I've taken this test at least 5x in the last 9 months

Comment

Agreed. Same test provider and like all the tests I've taken for Pierce County agencies. The only difference being it was proctored by examity.

Comment

Anybody here send PST scores to Renton? I did, but never heard back. Wondering if anyone knows if they're planning to take PST scores or the examity score this go around.

Comment

Anybody here send PST scores to Renton? I did, but never heard back. Wondering if anyone knows if they're planning to take PST scores or the examity score this go around.
                          They are taking PST scores for this cycle. I spoke to thwm a couple weeks ago

Comment

Anybody here send PST scores to Renton? I did, but never heard back. Wondering if anyone knoYeah. I got the invite ws if they're planning to take PST scores or the examity score this go around.
                            Yeah. I got an invitation to apply online by the 2nd. Renton and VRFA are using PST still.

Comment

I wonder what happened, my CPAT is up to date and I got an invite last go around with a lower PST score. Maybe they raised the cut-line this time, or received higher scores. Oh well. Good luck to all who are going to interviews with Renton.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X