No announcement yet.

Lafd 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an email for the interview the other day too.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

I’m pretty sure I applied the last day they were open so idk about that, I think they still pick based on demographics so I think it’s just a luck if the draw, unless you were one of the first ones to apply.

and thanks docP, idk if I’m even gonna waste time with them, last time I interviewed I scored 100, passed the cap test and turned in my background and then 2 weeks later got a email saying I was no longer in the process. Don’t see why since I’ve passed backgrounds with 2 different departments.
      That sucks. I really wish they would give feedback instead of a vague "thanks but no thanks" letter. It would help to know what to improve on instead of having to guess and waste everyone's time. There are a lot of places (most I would assume) who do it the same way, so I'm sure there is a good reason.

Comment

• hey all, im sure you all know there is a planned academy for january2022. i passed med/psych in early April of this year and a few days after I got an email saying OFFICIAL job offers for the january class will go out throughout september/october. if you guys are waiting on an official JO, be on the lookout during those months. good luck everyone

Comment

• Martinez03 Thanks that’s good info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martinez03 View Post
            hey all, im sure you all know there is a planned academy for january2022. i passed med/psych in early April of this year and a few days after I got an email saying OFFICIAL job offers for the january class will go out throughout september/october. if you guys are waiting on an official JO, be on the lookout during those months. good luck everyone
            Great info!

So that email.. was that a CJO? Becasue I finished backgrounds In early may and I haven't heard anything yet and I haven't received that email?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorjon822i View Post

Great info!

So that email.. was that a CJO? Becasue I finished backgrounds In early may and I haven't heard anything yet and I haven't received that email?
              Oh I read that wrong.. you passed medical and psych. So your ahead. Do you remember how many months before getting your CJO After backgrounds? Thanks man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nav1 View Post
                Yes I received an email this morning.
                what was your timeline in the process if you don’t mind sharing? I applied in Feb 2020, interview in July, did my PIQ in August, BI complete in October and am still waiting to hear back. I applied for the 2020 process. The LA Human Resources told me My application is expired after July so I am still hoping to hear something in the next few weeks but not sure who else has had CJOs.

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DocP View Post
                  https://youtu.be/hJOP92RH3Iw

Don't know if yall have watched this yet. Was filmed in January, I just found it. Very informative, if you got an interview for 2020 and passed to backgrounds there is reason to be more optimistic.

The highlights:

- According to Chief Larson those in the 2018 process are SOL if they didn't apply again in 2020.

-She also said out of 10k applicants, only about 40% from what I remember her saying took the FCA. Those that didn't are also SOL.

-They only interviewed the amount they needed for this cycle, compared to 2018 where everyone got an interview. Same for backgrounds.

-LA City Personnel dept drives hiring per Chief Larson, I'm assuming they are waiting on the budget to be confirmed (which it was yesterday). See link below:

https://www.foxla.com/news/la-city-c...omeless-crisis

Fingers crossed notifications start coming out in the next few weeks. I know this has been an emotionally exhausting experience for me, and I'm sure most of you feel the same.

Best of luck to everyone, hope we get some good news! If not, keep on keeping on!

I was very optimistic reading this but my time is running short due to my interview being in July and per city personal telling me that’s when I expire off of the list. I hope I hear something at least before then. Even a thanks but no thanks is better than nothing. It’s just been a long process and I have to be optimistic it works out but if not it wasn’t meant to be. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by rodrcal View Post

I was very optimistic reading this but my time is running short due to my interview being in July and per city personal telling me that’s when I expire off of the list. I hope I hear something at least before then. Even a thanks but no thanks is better than nothing. It’s just been a long process and I have to be optimistic it works out but if not it wasn’t meant to be. Good luck everyone.
                    Happed to me in 2016. I happened to send in my updated CPAT, and then I was informed by chance that i would
                    expire in a few weeks. And I never got a “thanks but no thanks “. Sadly, thousands want these jobs and enough will tolerate just about anything and any process to get them. Good luck
                    to all. Haven’t had a 2020 interview, doubt I’ll be moving on at all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by rodrcal View Post

From what my BI told me hearing nothing at all is a lot better then getting a thanks but no thanks letter. She told me that if you get a thanks but no thanks it means you had something on your background they didn’t like. If you hear nothing it means that you’re a good candidate but you don’t have an academy, Fire experience, medic etc.

Comment

• Any get there CJO yet??

Comment

• Any out of town folks go through med and psych yet?

Comment

• I just got my non select letter after 9 months of completing my background for 2018. Pretty bummed out but not going to give up. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Got cjo email yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by dadvan View Post
                                Got cjo email yesterday
                                Dude! Congrats! When did you complete backgrounds? How long after did you get your CJO? I completed background begining of may and I haven't heard anything yet! So like a 1.5 months!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X