Leader

Collapse

MA Civil Service + NH Process to get certified?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NENinerFan
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2020

MA Civil Service + NH Process to get certified?

I fweffffffffffff

Last edited by NENinerFan; 03-04-2022, 10:06 AM.
  • fire49
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2009

Not anywhere near you.

Good luck and sounds like you will make it!!

From N H web site:::

Full-time/career firefighters are those whose career is fire fighting. Only about 20% of NH fire departments are covered by full-time/career firefighters, which makes seeking a career in the fire service in NH a competitive process.
    Full-time/career firefighters are those whose career is fire fighting. Only about 20% of NH fire departments are covered by full-time/career firefighters, which makes seeking a career in the fire service in NH a competitive process

I was trying to find out how long you have to live there to be a resident ?????

Highly suggest go where the jobs are,, or get hired in MA, and after a couple years start testing in NH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

• Brian1023
      MembersZone Subscriber
      • Aug 2004

Mass Civil Service is not black and white. Each city/town has different preferences as to who they want. But unless you’re a veteran, a resident, or a paramedic, then your chances of getting hired are very very slim. If the city/town doesn’t run their own ALS, then being a veteran or a resident are your tickets. If they do run their own ALS, then being a paramedic is your ticket. Residency is only given if you’ve lived in the city/town for one year BEFORE the exam date.

New Hampshire is tougher because unless you have your FFII, then no full-time department will even look at your application. I know some places will take you if you have your FFI and your medic, but it’s rare. Your best bet for NH is getting on a volunteer department for a few years and get your certs under your belt by having them sponsor you through an academy.

Comment

• fire49
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2009

Or pick a different state, that has more depts, that test more often, with less restrictions

Get your paramedic and check weekly:

Or different profession ?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

• NENinerFan
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Brian1023
          Mass Civil Service is not black and white. Each city/town has different preferences as to who they want. But unless you’re a veteran, a resident, or a paramedic, then your chances of getting hired are very very slim. If the city/town doesn’t run their own ALS, then being a veteran or a resident are your tickets. If they do run their own ALS, then being a paramedic is your ticket. Residency is only given if you’ve lived in the city/town for one year BEFORE the exam date.

New Hampshire is tougher because unless you have your FFII, then no full-time department will even look at your application. I know some places will take you if you have your FFI and your medic, but it’s rare. Your best bet for NH is getting on a volunteer department for a few years and get your certs under your belt by having them sponsor you through an academy.
          I am a resident but no veteran status. My city also does not run ALS, so my only option is to smoke the civil service exam.

Comment

• Brian1023
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NENinerFan

I am a resident but no veteran status. My city also does not run ALS, so my only option is to smoke the civil service exam.
            If only it were that easy.

What city are you a resident in?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...