Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

MA Civil Service + NH Process to get certified?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA Civil Service + NH Process to get certified?

Hey all,

I am currently 19 years old and pursuing my EMT-B certification as well as some community college courses. I currently hold MA residency but I am not a veteran nor am I interesting in serving right now. I have been studying the preparation guide for the Massachusetts civil service test. I plan on taking that this summer because it got pushed back, at this point I am grinding out practice questions and praying that I get a good score to get on to the reserve list. At my age, is it even possible to get hired as a civilian in either MA or NH at 19/20?

I hope to apply to NH's recruit school which includes Firefighter I and II. Their admission process includes a modified applicant system that puts residents and affiliated/sponsored guys ahead of someone like me who is not a resident. If any NH guys could chime in and tell me if you guys had MA guys in your classes, that would be great! I am interested in working in either state but honestly leaning towards New Hampshire because of the higher quality of life.

Thanks!

Not anywhere near you.

Good luck and sounds like you will make it!!

From N H web site:::

Full-time/career firefighters are those whose career is fire fighting. Only about 20% of NH fire departments are covered by full-time/career firefighters, which makes seeking a career in the fire service in NH a competitive process.
    Full-time/career firefighters are those whose career is fire fighting. Only about 20% of NH fire departments are covered by full-time/career firefighters, which makes seeking a career in the fire service in NH a competitive process

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...g/becomff.html

I was trying to find out how long you have to live there to be a resident ?????

Highly suggest go where the jobs are,, or get hired in MA, and after a couple years start testing in NH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Mass Civil Service is not black and white. Each city/town has different preferences as to who they want. But unless you’re a veteran, a resident, or a paramedic, then your chances of getting hired are very very slim. If the city/town doesn’t run their own ALS, then being a veteran or a resident are your tickets. If they do run their own ALS, then being a paramedic is your ticket. Residency is only given if you’ve lived in the city/town for one year BEFORE the exam date.

New Hampshire is tougher because unless you have your FFII, then no full-time department will even look at your application. I know some places will take you if you have your FFI and your medic, but it’s rare. Your best bet for NH is getting on a volunteer department for a few years and get your certs under your belt by having them sponsor you through an academy.

Comment

Or pick a different state, that has more depts, that test more often, with less restrictions

Get your paramedic and check weekly:

https://www.tcfp.texas.gov/jobs

Or different profession ?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by Brian1023 View Post
          Mass Civil Service is not black and white. Each city/town has different preferences as to who they want. But unless you’re a veteran, a resident, or a paramedic, then your chances of getting hired are very very slim. If the city/town doesn’t run their own ALS, then being a veteran or a resident are your tickets. If they do run their own ALS, then being a paramedic is your ticket. Residency is only given if you’ve lived in the city/town for one year BEFORE the exam date.

New Hampshire is tougher because unless you have your FFII, then no full-time department will even look at your application. I know some places will take you if you have your FFI and your medic, but it’s rare. Your best bet for NH is getting on a volunteer department for a few years and get your certs under your belt by having them sponsor you through an academy.
          I am a resident but no veteran status. My city also does not run ALS, so my only option is to smoke the civil service exam.

Comment

Originally posted by NENinerFan View Post

I am a resident but no veteran status. My city also does not run ALS, so my only option is to smoke the civil service exam.
            If only it were that easy.

What city are you a resident in?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...