X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Nice. Good luck. Do you have fire/ems experience?
    Thank you! No, but I have 5 years of construction industry experience under my belt. All hiring processes aside, and pending COVID-19, planning on FF1 academy in August and volunteer Crew 3 with LAFD until then.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

Los Angeles. Because it was so last minute, their HR is setting up the interview through webcam which is nice. Saves me a drive to Reno.
    Nice. Good luck. Do you have fire/ems experience?

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied

Gotcha. Wonder how many people they pulled? I ranked #69 so I figured that would at least net an interview lol. Are you local?
    Los Angeles. Because it was so last minute, their HR is setting up the interview through webcam which is nice. Saves me a drive to Reno.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

100s on math and reading, 88 on mechanical, and 90.83. Kinda meh on the last two sections, but it was my first time taking the test.
    Gotcha. Wonder how many people they pulled? I ranked #69 so I figured that would at least net an interview lol. Are you local?

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Lucky. I haven't heard anything. So they must not be hiring that many if they're interviewing 60 or less. What did you score on NTN?
    100s on math and reading, 88 on mechanical, and 90.83. Kinda meh on the last two sections, but it was my first time taking the test.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Lucky. I haven't heard anything. So they must not be hiring that many if they're interviewing 60 or less. What did you score on NTN?
    Last edited by Boize208; 05-04-2020, 11:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Anyone else have an interview? Last minute, but I got notification today with four open slots over the next four days.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Ranked #54. Their email said they don't have an academy date at this time. I guess it's just the waiting game for now. Any idea from past academies/towers what their average recruit number is to fill?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by LEMONADE View Post
    100's on the ENG/MATH, MECH/HR - 94. EMT. Do you have previous exp applying to this department before this year?
    I got an 89%.

No this is my first time applying to Reno.

Leave a comment:

• LEMONADE
    replied
    100's on the ENG/MATH, MECH/HR - 94. EMT. Do you have previous exp applying to this department before this year?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    What did you score on ntn? I'm #69

Leave a comment:

• LEMONADE
    replied
    Hey Boize 208, how did you rank? Im in the mid 10's. Are you planning on doing any station visits?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by LEMONADE View Post
    Hey Boize, I recently applied. Could you elaborate on what you mean by a certified list? Is it names of candidates they choose for interviews? Thanks
    This is the email I got I would assume it would be for interviews

Thank you for applying for Firefighter at the City of Reno.

You have met the initial screening requirements.

Please be advised that a certified list will be submitted to the Reno Fire Department by February 28, 2020. Candidates will need to have met all the requirements AND have a valid CPAT dated within 6 months of certification to be considered in the hiring process.

If you have a CPAT dated prior to August 28, 2019 you will need to submit a new CPAT to Civil Service at [email protected].

Only those candidates having met all requirements and having a CPAT dated August 28, 2019 or later will be certified to the eligible list on February 28, 2020.

Leave a comment:

• LEMONADE
    replied
    Hey Boize, I recently applied. Could you elaborate on what you mean by a certified list? Is it names of candidates they choose for interviews? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    started a topic Reno NV 2020

Reno NV 2020

Anyone else in the process? Email today said the dept will get a certified list by February 28th.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X