X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurefire03
    replied
    Originally posted by firehb979 View Post

I'm on the same boat as you, low 8's and no invite. Need to work on my fitness so I'll be ready for the next process. Saw a lot of low 7's and high 6's at my test date.
    One guy from my group I think scored in the high 5s and some 6s. I feel like working on a hand crew, FF1 cert and military really helps too.

Leave a comment:

• firehb979
    replied
    Originally posted by Futurefire03 View Post

8:15 which is pretty slow compared to the other guys I tested with.
    I'm on the same boat as you, low 8's and no invite. Need to work on my fitness so I'll be ready for the next process. Saw a lot of low 7's and high 6's at my test date.

Leave a comment:

• Futurefire03
    replied
    Originally posted by firehb979 View Post
    thanks but no thanks for me. What were your biddle times?
    8:15 which is pretty slow compared to the other guys I tested with.

Leave a comment:

• firehb979
    replied
    thanks but no thanks for me. What were your biddle times?

Leave a comment:

• Dannylee246
    replied
    No go for me as well...

Leave a comment:

• Wetfloor93
    replied
    Same here... Stay in the fight... Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Futurefire03
    replied
    Just got my email it’s a no go for me. Good luck to everyone who moves on.

Leave a comment:

• 2020LAFD?
    replied
    Gotta be hearing something soon. PAT's ended Jan 31. They have to be reviewing/selecting now because Captains Interviews are Feb 10-20.

Leave a comment:

• firehb979
    replied
    anyone hear anything back? The rest of the process was so quick I assumed we would've heard back by now.

Leave a comment:

• stoph311
    replied
    Originally posted by Longie04 View Post
    Curious if a 6:34 is decent for the practice?
    Lol - 6:34 is better than some of their active FFs get, and is better than 95% of the candidates will get. The Biddle is known as being harder than the CPAT, and Long Beach's Biddle is specifically a bit harder than the Biddle for other departments. If you got a 6:34 on the LB Biddle, you are in excellent shape.

Leave a comment:

• Wetfloor93
    replied
    Anyone receive an interview date??

Leave a comment:

• Futurefire03
    replied
    Any pointers I know being fit is one but is there a strategy on running the course?

Leave a comment:

• Dzuck
    replied
    I would definitely say so.

Leave a comment:

• Longie04
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FYR MDC
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Looks like he said he's leaving via LAX so definitely gonna need a little extra time vs leaving from LGB which is 5 min away.

Do you know if 6:30 and faster is still their desired time?
    Good Call! Was thinking LGB this whole time. Yup, LAX definitely longer, but it depends on day you're traveling. Call and ask for guidance on what to do.

There's always a rumor of the time they "want". To be honest, I did the Biddle and didn't push myself too hard and scored in high 7 minutes. I was still sweating and my proctor said I definitely should have gone a lot harder with my effort. I told him I was saving it for the tower and definitely exploded the last 2 minutes, but he wanted explosive effort the whole time and said I could have received a much lower time. I'm closer to 40 y/o and have that "dad strength" and been doing the job for a while, so I rely a lot on technique and "smooth is fast". I still received an interview and so did everyone I tested with that passed. Maybe 4 or 5 didn't pass the biddle during my afternoon session.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X