Long Beach 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dzuck View Post
    Im scheduled for 12:30 too. That falls into both time slots. so is 12:30part of the morning or afternoon session
    Did you reply back to the email saying you would be going both days?

Comment

Originally posted by Futurefire03 View Post

Did you reply back to the email saying you would be going both days?
      Yes. I said I would be going both days

Comment

Originally posted by Dzuck View Post

Yes. I said I would be going both days
        Nice! Good luck!

Comment

I'm coming from out of state for the Biddle Test, trying to coordinate some flight info for the day of the test. Does anyone know the structure of how the sign in and testing works? I'm scheduled 1230 afternoon session and my flight is at 630 PM out of LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicMatt14 View Post
            I'm coming from out of state for the Biddle Test, trying to coordinate some flight info for the day of the test. Does anyone know the structure of how the sign in and testing works? I'm scheduled 1230 afternoon session and my flight is at 630 PM out of LAX.
            I can't speak for how long beach does it, but when I took the biddle for OCFA you had to stay for the entirety of the test session. Not like a cpat where you can leave once you were done. I'm also flying out in the evening but I was able to get a fairly late flight out of the long beach airport

Comment

Practice run was an eye opener definitely got some work to do when it comes to cardio.

Comment

You will arrive early and they will start checking people in at 12 noon. You’ll hand them your ID and any paperwork they requested. The HR ladies will answer any questions you have about process. You’ll take a seat in classroom with about 50 other people. Someone from Cadre will come in and introduce themselves and show you video of each step of biddle. You’ll go outside and watch someone slowly go through biddle at each station and they’ll answer any questions you have.

Everyone will break off into groups to tend to each station. One group will be going through course, another on standby and various groups resetting the course as each candidate goes through. Once everyone is complete, everyone will break down the course and step away for next day.

the process takes approximately 4-5 hours, but depends on how many total people taking Biddle, how quickly everyone resets props, and how quickly they put away the prop. At the end everyone goes in the classroom and they chit chat again for maybe 15 minutes. You’re done.

I would call ahead of time and let the HR ladies know you have a flight (down the street) that leaves at 6:30. You should have sufficient time, but let the staff know as they let someone leave after they finished their biddle in our class. Can’t say they are always this accommodating, but it always helps to give them plenty of notice. Give yourself a “no later than” time to leave the training facility. Debatably around 5:30pm. Parking is on the street and out of way of training grounds, so you can quickly to the airport. Hope this helps.

Comment

I would definitely call and see what they can do for you about leaving early. Just remember this is LA. Traffic can be horrible and LAX can be horrible. I would make sure to leave the training grounds with plenty of time to catch your flight.

Comment

Originally posted by FYR MDC View Post

You will arrive early and they will start checking people in at 12 noon. You’ll hand them your ID and any paperwork they requested. The HR ladies will answer any questions you have about process. You’ll take a seat in classroom with about 50 other people. Someone from Cadre will come in and introduce themselves and show you video of each step of biddle. You’ll go outside and watch someone slowly go through biddle at each station and they’ll answer any questions you have.

Everyone will break off into groups to tend to each station. One group will be going through course, another on standby and various groups resetting the course as each candidate goes through. Once everyone is complete, everyone will break down the course and step away for next day.

the process takes approximately 4-5 hours, but depends on how many total people taking Biddle, how quickly everyone resets props, and how quickly they put away the prop. At the end everyone goes in the classroom and they chit chat again for maybe 15 minutes. You’re done.

I would call ahead of time and let the HR ladies know you have a flight (down the street) that leaves at 6:30. You should have sufficient time, but let the staff know as they let someone leave after they finished their biddle in our class. Can’t say they are always this accommodating, but it always helps to give them plenty of notice. Give yourself a “no later than” time to leave the training facility. Debatably around 5:30pm. Parking is on the street and out of way of training grounds, so you can quickly to the airport. Hope this helps.
                    Looks like he said he's leaving via LAX so definitely gonna need a little extra time vs leaving from LGB which is 5 min away.

Do you know if 6:30 and faster is still their desired time?

Comment

Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Looks like he said he's leaving via LAX so definitely gonna need a little extra time vs leaving from LGB which is 5 min away.

Do you know if 6:30 and faster is still their desired time?
                      Good Call! Was thinking LGB this whole time. Yup, LAX definitely longer, but it depends on day you're traveling. Call and ask for guidance on what to do.

There's always a rumor of the time they "want". To be honest, I did the Biddle and didn't push myself too hard and scored in high 7 minutes. I was still sweating and my proctor said I definitely should have gone a lot harder with my effort. I told him I was saving it for the tower and definitely exploded the last 2 minutes, but he wanted explosive effort the whole time and said I could have received a much lower time. I'm closer to 40 y/o and have that "dad strength" and been doing the job for a while, so I rely a lot on technique and "smooth is fast". I still received an interview and so did everyone I tested with that passed. Maybe 4 or 5 didn't pass the biddle during my afternoon session.

Comment

Curious if a 6:34 is decent for the practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Longie04 View Post
                          I would definitely say so.

Comment

Any pointers I know being fit is one but is there a strategy on running the course?

Comment

Anyone receive an interview date??

Comment

Lol - 6:34 is better than some of their active FFs get, and is better than 95% of the candidates will get. The Biddle is known as being harder than the CPAT, and Long Beach's Biddle is specifically a bit harder than the Biddle for other departments. If you got a 6:34 on the LB Biddle, you are in excellent shape.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X