Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2019 Chicago PARAMEDIC list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by RLFD260 View Post
    Thanks for the update man! I saw that the current class that was in the academy graduated today, so there is no longer a medic class in the academy right now, hopefully this is good news for us.
    Man I was really hoping COVID would have a silver lining, I’d hoped maybe lightfoot would push for an enormous EMS hire. And then they pushed that academy through in two weeks, and then nothing happened.

they did do a big PIC promotion, historically when they promote a bunch of medics to PIC they do an EMS processing. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    According to a retired chief who spends most of his free time submitting FOIA requests to Chicago HR, there is the possibility of a June class for medics.

June seems a bit early, considering he just posted this information yesterday. So that doesn’t leave much time for processing. However, this guy is one of the only reliable sources for information out there.

it’s been a while since there’s been a sliver of information so I’ll take it.

hope everyone is staying safe. And to everyone that’s actively working in healthcare right now, I know it blows but keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Thanks for the update man! I saw that the current class that was in the academy graduated today, so there is no longer a medic class in the academy right now, hopefully this is good news for us.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    New (and only) update:

the class that began march 3rd, 2020, which is supposedly the last academy from the 2014 list, has been fast tracked due to the covid 15 pandemic. Those medics are now done with the academy and on the street.

There may or may not be a silver lining for us on the 2019 list but who knows.

I have a rough rough draft of CFD’s planned academy’s and hires, but as far as EMS goes there was no decent information. In fact, the proposed class dates were actually set in the past (2019), not the future. So there truly appears to be no reliable information as to their plans.

Everyone stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFD_EMT51 View Post
    Anyone have a clue on the approximate size of this list?
    The total number is 745.

Refer to the 12th post on page one for other statistics of the list.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    I believe the list total is somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 people.

Leave a comment:

• SPFD_EMT51
    replied
    Anyone have a clue on the approximate size of this list?

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    If it’s anything like the fire referrals, with any luck there should be a referral for us in March while that academy is in session.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Appreciate the update man, waiting patiently! Haha

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    I’ve gotten confirmation that the last referral for the 2014 list has been given a class date of March 3rd. That will be it for that list. With any luck they will be processing the first referral for the 2019 list soon, but I’ve gotten no real information regarding that yet.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFD_EMT51 View Post
    What is a referral lot number? I am completely unfamiliar with the referral system in Chicago.
    The entire referral list is compiled with random lottery numbers. After the random lottery numbers are assigned to candidates, they are then given a referral lot number between 1 and 5. The referral lot numbers are the order in which candidates will be processed. The best I can tell, the referral lot number is assigned based on what kind of preference you have as well as your lottery number.

For example- of the 19 veterans on the list, they are all referral lot 1 regardless of their lottery number due to their low numbers. CPS preference has guys in lots 1, 2 and 3. But the guys in lot 3 had lottery numbers in the 700’s. Guys with no preference but lottery numbers between 1-120 still got referral lot one, but folks with no preference with lottery numbers in the 700’s are lot 5.

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• SPFD_EMT51
    replied
    What is a referral lot number? I am completely unfamiliar with the referral system in Chicago.
    Last edited by SPFD_EMT51; 02-03-2020, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMedic728 View Post
    I still haven’t had the medical. I must have talked to someone who was having a bad day last time.
    Couldn’t hurt to call again. City of Chicago HR has a trying job. If you called recently remember they had about 700 people calling to get their numbers. I assume they were all a little irritated.

Leave a comment:

• FireMedic728
    replied
    I still haven’t had the medical. I must have talked to someone who was having a bad day last time.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMedic728 View Post
    Thanks. I was processed starting July 8. I am still waiting to hear about my medical. If you call HR they give you all sorts of attitude. A no thanks letter would be nice after literally jumping through hoops.
    If you were processed in July you’d think that if you were deferred they would let you know by now. But yes I know they can be a little intimidating or sound stand off-ish when you call but I haven’t had any bad interactions with them. Might be worth it to call and see where you stand. From what I understand, “no news is good news” seems to be the policy with the medical.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X