Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Alright folks, first update in a while. I just received my invite for the PPAT. Looks like just referral group one right now, so if you’re in that group, check your emails.

all veterans will be in group one, and it looks like everyone who’s number was 1-150. And anyone with CPS preference that’s between 1 and 234.

first positive step forward in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Great to hear that they are talking about the medic side of things again. Very excited for this opportunity and hopefully they get things moving soon!

Leave a comment:

• IceyBlue
    replied
    Hopefully they take a good number of people.

Leave a comment:

• IceyBlue
    replied
    Okay sounds good, hopefully it happens! Can’t wait. Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• adelefan
    replied
    The main man 2BC and a few of my contacts within the department have all said February for the medic class. The suppression class that goes in Dec 1 would vacate Academy South after 12 weeks of EMT-B training 2/19/21, so take that for what it's worth. I spoke to someone at HR last month and asked when they would start calling the first referral and she said "Soon, before the end of the year". Take this with a giant grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

• IceyBlue
    replied
    Anybody hear anything lately about hiring from
    the new medic list?

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by RLFD260 View Post
    Thanks for the update man! I saw that the current class that was in the academy graduated today, so there is no longer a medic class in the academy right now, hopefully this is good news for us.
    Man I was really hoping COVID would have a silver lining, I’d hoped maybe lightfoot would push for an enormous EMS hire. And then they pushed that academy through in two weeks, and then nothing happened.

they did do a big PIC promotion, historically when they promote a bunch of medics to PIC they do an EMS processing. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    According to a retired chief who spends most of his free time submitting FOIA requests to Chicago HR, there is the possibility of a June class for medics.

June seems a bit early, considering he just posted this information yesterday. So that doesn’t leave much time for processing. However, this guy is one of the only reliable sources for information out there.

it’s been a while since there’s been a sliver of information so I’ll take it.

hope everyone is staying safe. And to everyone that’s actively working in healthcare right now, I know it blows but keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Thanks for the update man! I saw that the current class that was in the academy graduated today, so there is no longer a medic class in the academy right now, hopefully this is good news for us.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    New (and only) update:

the class that began march 3rd, 2020, which is supposedly the last academy from the 2014 list, has been fast tracked due to the covid 15 pandemic. Those medics are now done with the academy and on the street.

There may or may not be a silver lining for us on the 2019 list but who knows.

I have a rough rough draft of CFD’s planned academy’s and hires, but as far as EMS goes there was no decent information. In fact, the proposed class dates were actually set in the past (2019), not the future. So there truly appears to be no reliable information as to their plans.

Everyone stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFD_EMT51 View Post
    Anyone have a clue on the approximate size of this list?
    The total number is 745.

Refer to the 12th post on page one for other statistics of the list.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    I believe the list total is somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 people.

Leave a comment:

• SPFD_EMT51
    replied
    Anyone have a clue on the approximate size of this list?

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    If it’s anything like the fire referrals, with any luck there should be a referral for us in March while that academy is in session.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Appreciate the update man, waiting patiently! Haha

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader