X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFD_EMT51 View Post
    What is a referral lot number? I am completely unfamiliar with the referral system in Chicago.
    The entire referral list is compiled with random lottery numbers. After the random lottery numbers are assigned to candidates, they are then given a referral lot number between 1 and 5. The referral lot numbers are the order in which candidates will be processed. The best I can tell, the referral lot number is assigned based on what kind of preference you have as well as your lottery number.

For example- of the 19 veterans on the list, they are all referral lot 1 regardless of their lottery number due to their low numbers. CPS preference has guys in lots 1, 2 and 3. But the guys in lot 3 had lottery numbers in the 700’s. Guys with no preference but lottery numbers between 1-120 still got referral lot one, but folks with no preference with lottery numbers in the 700’s are lot 5.

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• SPFD_EMT51
    replied
    What is a referral lot number? I am completely unfamiliar with the referral system in Chicago.
    Last edited by SPFD_EMT51; 02-03-2020, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMedic728 View Post
    I still haven’t had the medical. I must have talked to someone who was having a bad day last time.
    Couldn’t hurt to call again. City of Chicago HR has a trying job. If you called recently remember they had about 700 people calling to get their numbers. I assume they were all a little irritated.

Leave a comment:

• FireMedic728
    replied
    I still haven’t had the medical. I must have talked to someone who was having a bad day last time.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMedic728 View Post
    Thanks. I was processed starting July 8. I am still waiting to hear about my medical. If you call HR they give you all sorts of attitude. A no thanks letter would be nice after literally jumping through hoops.
    If you were processed in July you’d think that if you were deferred they would let you know by now. But yes I know they can be a little intimidating or sound stand off-ish when you call but I haven’t had any bad interactions with them. Might be worth it to call and see where you stand. From what I understand, “no news is good news” seems to be the policy with the medical.

Leave a comment:

• FireMedic728
    replied
    Thanks. I was processed starting July 8. I am still waiting to hear about my medical. If you call HR they give you all sorts of attitude. A no thanks letter would be nice after literally jumping through hoops.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    So even though none of you are subscribed to this thread, and though there is very little involvement from anybody, I am going to continue to update with any news that I get because I see a lot of people still Viewing the post.

I spoke to a gentleman who is on the 2014 list. Allegedly he spoke with HR and was told he is cleared for class in March. Meaning no news of classes for the 2019 candidates as of yet. I wouldn’t expect much updates until March.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagofire View Post
    This is some good information. How accurate is it ?
    Obtained by FOIA request from Department of Human Resources city of Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• chicagofire
    replied
    This is some good information. How accurate is it ?

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Okay folks. The list is as follows:

Total referrals: 745
    Vets: 19
    CPS: 88
    CPFTA: 3
    CPFTA & CPS: 4
    LODD: 0
    Straight with no preference: 631

I have the referral lot numbers as well, but they are all over the place. If you’d like your referral lot number message me with your lottery number and I’ll send it to you. The referral numbers are 1 through 5.

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Stand by for List info folks. I have it but I’m at work, I will update later tonight

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by RLFD260 View Post
    Hey pal, if you have Facebook, search for a page called “Second Battalion CFD” he posts information relevant to the current lists, scroll until you find the one about the medic list, he posted about the preferences. If I remember correctly there was a very low amount of veterans on the medic list, so you should be good!
    Hey guy,

i do follow 2nd battalion but I must have missed the medic list post. I spoke with the gentleman who runs the page and he told me he sticks mostly to the FF info, he’s the one who gave me the idea about submitting a FOIA.

As for emails...no info on that. I’m currently working in an Er in the west side and talk to a lot of the west side medics. Unfortunately they don’t get a lot of information but it has been said that they’re short medics and the city is adding some rigs (I believe 10 was the. Number I heard).

I just picked up a new contract overseas and I’m debating on weather or not I should withdraw from it. Which is why I’m trying to hard to get any sort of information regarding this list.

i will update this thread with any new information I get, rest assured.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Anybody hear anything? I called and got my number from HR, but I’m wondering when we will finally start seeing emails or anything like that. I’m pretty sure the city is short Paramedics right now from what people tell me.

Leave a comment:

• RLFD260
    replied
    Originally posted by RemoteMedic View Post
    Does anyone know the appropriate way to submit an FOIA request to HR. I’d like to supply anyone following this thread with the statistics regarding this list. I.e. total number of applicants, number of vet preferences, CPS, LOD etc.
    Hey pal, if you have Facebook, search for a page called “Second Battalion CFD” he posts information relevant to the current lists, scroll until you find the one about the medic list, he posted about the preferences. If I remember correctly there was a very low amount of veterans on the medic list, so you should be good!

Leave a comment:

• RemoteMedic
    replied
    Does anyone know the appropriate way to submit an FOIA request to HR. I’d like to supply anyone following this thread with the statistics regarding this list. I.e. total number of applicants, number of vet preferences, CPS, LOD etc.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X