Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayne / Decatur Township 2020 Hiring Process (Indy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Anyone else turn in the formal application and get two notaries paid for, THEN get the email stating it’s a waste of money rn?

    Comment


    • #17
      Turned my application in today. Anyone know when to expect to hear anything? I'm sure it will be some time considering they have a good solid couple hundred applications to view.

      Urb23 sorry you had to waste money on that second notarized page. Maybe you'll get lucky and not have to get that page notarized later on in the process.

      Comment


      • #18
        A lateral transfer applicant suggested it will be February before we hear anything. Unsure of his reliability but it’s all I’ve heard so far

        Comment


        • #19
          Yeah that feels like a fairly accurate timeline. Maybe like late February.

          I've also heard that Indy will be starting another hiring process this spring, like around April.

          Comment


          • #20
            Price317 The IFD will start accepting applications in March. They just started another recruit class off of their current list. I know Wayne got a grant to hire 15 Firefighters. Best of luck to everyone, I interviewed on the 19th and I feel great about it. Got a few under my belt, and it was definitely nice having the experience going in front of the hiring board. If there is one thing I have learned, it’s to stay encouraged and never lose hope. It’s the greatest job in the world and I’ll keep trying until I’m on the job. Hopefully we will hear something soon, I know it sometimes take a while to go through the initial PERF physical.

            Comment


            • #21
              I got a call this morning, and I went and signed my conditional offer this evening! Such a great feeling. I have dreamed of this moment since a child and have been working towards it since my teenage years. I wish everyone luck and remember always stay positive and never lose hope. Getting on the job takes dedication and motivation. Never get discouraged.

              Comment


              • #22
                Congratulations for Wayne or Decatur?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Cvinson98 View Post
                  I got a call this morning, and I went and signed my conditional offer this evening! Such a great feeling. I have dreamed of this moment since a child and have been working towards it since my teenage years. I wish everyone luck and remember always stay positive and never lose hope. Getting on the job takes dedication and motivation. Never get discouraged.
                  Congrats and Good Luck!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Mar0612 xMuDdBoUnDx Thank you both! It is for Wayne Township. I go for my PERF physical at the end of the month.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Good afternoon all, I just received a letter that I am #92 on the hiring list. Not sure if that's a good number (it's obviously not in the top 10, lol) but I'm proud of myself as a first time candidate. Either way congrats to those who already got their conditional offers and good luck at the training academy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Price317 View Post
                        Good afternoon all, I just received a letter that I am #92 on the hiring list. Not sure if that's a good number (it's obviously not in the top 10, lol) but I'm proud of myself as a first time candidate. Either way congrats to those who already got their conditional offers and good luck at the training academy.
                        You should be very proud! It’s not the top 10-20, but considering your first time, that’s a great number. Now take this experience and bring what you have learned to the next process you try for. Just remember to never give up. It’s a long road and as you continue to do these processes, you will get better at them.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Thanks!! I appreciate the encouragement. I'm definitely applying for Indy when it comes around again, I heard around March or April.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Price317 View Post
                            Thanks!! I appreciate the encouragement. I'm definitely applying for Indy when it comes around again, I heard around March or April.
                            March is what I heard for the next Indy process. Apply everywhere you can to get the experience!
                            Last edited by xMuDdBoUnDx; 02-08-2020, 02:24 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I’m curious if these rankings are including the ones they have already gave conditional offers too?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yes im also curious im 107 and it says its good for two years, however i know wayne only hired 15 so it really kinda seems like a positive way of saying im sorry haha

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X