Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Wayne / Decatur Township 2020 Hiring Process (Indy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne / Decatur Township 2020 Hiring Process (Indy)

Thanks for starting the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Urb23 View Post
      Thanks for starting the discussion
      No Problem . . Hopefully more will join.
      Written test this Saturday, good luck!

Comment

Anyone find out how many applicants? Wondering if more than one time was setup. Mine started at 1 and just ended.

got a rough count of 225

Comment

Anyone find out how many applicants? Wondering if more than one time was setup. Mine started at 1 and just ended.

got a rough count of 225
          There was a group in the am as well.

Comment

Heard emails went out for those that did not pass written exam. Church friend’s son did not pass.

Comment

I received a letter in the mail Friday with Interview information. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Same. Thanks for the heads up also. Received mail much faster than their last process.

Comment

Hey everybody, I also got my letter for an interview next Tuesday. My first time ever going through the hiring process. Good luck to all!!

Comment

Had my interview yesterday. Felt it went good. How’d everyone else feel about there’s?

did hear during the CPAT that several lateral transfer positions will be made. Friend from Brownsburg is going through process for transfer even though he’s beyond the age of 36 which is a rare occurrence

Comment

Had my interview yesterday. Felt it went good. How’d everyone else feel about there’s?

did hear during the CPAT that several lateral transfer positions will be made. Friend from Brownsburg is going through process for transfer even though he’s beyond the age of 36 which is a rare occurrence
                      One of the instructors at ESEC retired from the Sheriff's Department in 2002 and then joined Avon FD and I want to say he told us he was 44 when he did that, so it's definitely possible! I think the only requirement on age is you have to be enrolled in to the Police and Firefighters PERF before you turn 36.

Comment

My interview was Tuesday afternoon. It was my first time ever going through a fire interview. Honestly it felt a little terrifying. The guys were straight stone faced the whole time. I think I did pretty well on 4/6 questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Price317 View Post
                          My interview was Tuesday afternoon. It was my first time ever going through a fire interview. Honestly it felt a little terrifying. The guys were straight stone faced the whole time. I think I did pretty well on 4/6 questions.
                          Yeah, man, I felt that going through Hamilton County. A friend of mine is a Chief at White River and he was like; "Shake their hands before and after the interview, it will go a long way towards helping you not feel nervous and they'll appreciate that." 2 out of 3 shook my hand, one guy just gave me a fist bump and that really threw me off for the rest of the interview. That being said, don't worry about it. You're gonna kick yourself after an interview and come up with a perfect line a few hours later. I think they can tell the difference between an honest answer and an answer that was canned, they want to know how you think on your feet. I know that when I got out of my interview and replayed my answers in my head I was thinking; "Dude, you sounded soooo stupid." If you gave them your gut answer, and you know it was right, just go with that. There's always next time if you don't get picked up this time around. I went to a training event that my alma mater Columbia Southern sponsored down in Greenwood, 90% of the room said that they didn't get hired on their first test. You got this!

Comment

Very rare to get hired first time, BUT it’s possible! So good luck Price.

honesty is good. But I’d suggest researching how to properly interview with panels. There is proper structure to answering questions. More precisely, there is a grading structure each chief will have in front of them. Whether they utilize it during your interview is at their discretion.

study but don’t let it compensate who you are. Being yourself in an interview is important but so is preparation. It’ll show them a glimpse of what they can expect when hiring you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies Urb23 and apojacks. I was definitely honest with all my answers and didn't think any sounded canned. I was all over the internet a week ahead of time finding prep questions to help frame my answers and get an idea of what to expect.

Oh and I did shake hands both at the start and end, so +1 point, haha.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X