Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian1023
    replied
    I think if chiefs were scrolling these boards, they’d probably be more concerned about the current department employee making the county look bad by picking fights with civilian potential employees and speculating about privileged information that their aunts that work in HR shared with them about an active hiring process.

Leave a comment:

• FireDawg924
    replied
    Originally posted by green108

No one is mad at the messenger.

First comment: “You want in, get your medic and FF1. Make them want you.”

You then get called out because candidates have gotten CJOs without either of those qualifications.

Next comment: “It’s easier to train someone new in the fire service than* break the habits of someone who came from another department.”

So which one is it? This whole thread is for sharing information and speculating. Why? Because we’re excited and stoked about the process and what could come next. Everyone here has a good attitude, which is something you can’t teach, and it appears that it’s something you don’t have.
    Funny guy. My attitude was good enough to get me hired with LACo fire. You should really watch what you say in these forums chiefs are always in here, and it’s not hard to find out who you are. Well I’m out guys. Keep grinding, the opportunity will come when you least expect it. Good luck
    Last edited by FireDawg924; 06-22-2020, 01:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FireDawg924
    replied
    Originally posted by navynerd
    Well FireDawg924 that's great about your aunt. At least your giving us some kind of insight to what's going on. But let me get this straight. Are you saying that all 1000 of us who are in Band 1 no longer stand a chance since there now on Band 2? Is that right??
    Not saying that, you all still got a chance. I said they are gonna be dipping into band 2 because they are not finding quality candidates. Its so much more they are looking for that I can not say, but of course you all still have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• navynerd
    replied
    At the bottom of this there is a happy face I clicked on it and there was faces I sent it and didn't mean too. And it wouldn't let me delete it so I had to edit it with something.....my bad!

Leave a comment:

• JHG44817
    replied
    What is it? We can’t see it
    Last edited by JHG44817; 06-21-2020, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navynerd
    replied
    Everyone all we can do is keep the faith and pray something good will happen. Look at the bright side were learning patience.
    Last edited by navynerd; 06-22-2020, 12:01 AM. Reason: I discovered the faces at the bottom and I took them off.

Leave a comment:

• JHG44817
    replied
    If firedawg921 is saying that they are going to use band 2 but also change to fctc then how would band 2 make it in time for the up coming academy. Band 2 doesn’t even have interview dates yet and who knows how long that would take

Leave a comment:

• dadvan
    replied
    pfffff I don’t trust someone with the name firedawg.

Leave a comment:

• truckman81
    replied
    In my opinion, this band 1 group list would be used for at least 2020 and 2021. Look how long it took to get test dates and interviews after. If they decide to use the fctc by the end of the year, how long till they get academies going again. How will the justify having a established list and not using it? But that’s my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• green108
    replied
    Originally posted by FireDawg924

Don’t get mad at the messenger. Good luck everyone with the process.
    No one is mad at the messenger.

First comment: “You want in, get your medic and FF1. Make them want you.”

You then get called out because candidates have gotten CJOs without either of those qualifications.

Next comment: “It’s easier to train someone new in the fire service than* break the habits of someone who came from another department.”

So which one is it? This whole thread is for sharing information and speculating. Why? Because we’re excited and stoked about the process and what could come next. Everyone here has a good attitude, which is something you can’t teach, and it appears that it’s something you don’t have.

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee
    Saw that coming. When the union page says they are pushing for it, I’m sure it will happen. But until then, keeping the hope alive. And maybe try to study for the FCTC
    Eh idk. The amount of money it takes to run a hiring process, and they just started this one

Leave a comment:

• MajorPayne
    replied
    FireDawg you are contradictory in your stance, you don't know really.

Leave a comment:

• navynerd
    replied
    Well FireDawg924 that's great about your aunt. At least your giving us some kind of insight to what's going on. But let me get this straight. Are you saying that all 1000 of us who are in Band 1 no longer stand a chance since there now on Band 2? Is that right??

Leave a comment:

• FireDawg924
    replied
    Originally posted by green108

You’re contradicting yourself.
    Don’t get mad at the messenger. Good luck everyone with the process.

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Saw that coming. When the union page says they are pushing for it, I’m sure it will happen. But until then, keeping the hope alive. And maybe try to study for the FCTC

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...