Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post
    FireDawg924 and SnowCat521 very contradictory names
    A snowcat is a piece of machinery used to drive on snow, commonly used at ski resorts... educate yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowCat521 View Post

A snowcat is a piece of machinery used to drive on snow, commonly used at ski resorts... educate yourself
      Hey brother, looking at the names completely objectively, it’s “fire” - “snow” and “dog”-“cat”

I see the irony... be cool brothers. I know we all want this and it’s hard to hear that we might not get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Hey brother, looking at the names completely objectively, it’s “fire” - “snow” and “dog”-“cat”

I see the irony... be cool brothers. I know we all want this and it’s hard to hear that we might not get it.
        My badddd, jumped the gun on the comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowCat521 View Post

......meow

Comment

• I apologize, I didn’t mean to make you guys feel down like you will not get it. County changes the way they do things everyday. Just because they say one thing, does not mean it’s set in stone.. The only reason county is switching to a Fctc style is because it will be cheaper for them to go that route ( their thoughts). I did not mean to come off like a *** and misrepresent this great department, so I’m sorry. If you want me to be completely honest and say my thoughts. I honestly do not think they will throw out this list, no matter what HR says. It took too much money and time to established this list. They are just combing through band 2 just to make sure they don’t miss out on some good guys. Not everyone is a good test taker, that does not mean they won’t make a good firefighter. You guys all have great attitudes with keeping the faith and I’m sorry for bringing negative energy. Also here is a quick pick me up for some. Was informed from a source (not sure how reliable, so take it as you will), but get ready for another round of CJO ... hint hint THIS WEEK. Take care all, and we will see you out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireDawg924 View Post
              I apologize, I didn’t mean to make you guys feel down like you will not get it. County changes the way they do things everyday. Just because they say one thing, does not mean it’s set in stone.. The only reason county is switching to a Fctc style is because it will be cheaper for them to go that route ( their thoughts). I did not mean to come off like a *** and misrepresent this great department, so I’m sorry. If you want me to be completely honest and say my thoughts. I honestly do not think they will throw out this list, no matter what HR says. It took too much money and time to established this list. They are just combing through band 2 just to make sure they don’t miss out on some good guys. Not everyone is a good test taker, that does not mean they won’t make a good firefighter. You guys all have great attitudes with keeping the faith and I’m sorry for bringing negative energy. Also here is a quick pick me up for some. Was informed from a source (not sure how reliable, so take it as you will), but get ready for another round of CJO ... hint hint THIS WEEK. Take care all, and we will see you out there.
              No worries man! This process has been so long and I think everyone is just anxious to hear anything at this point. Good luck to everyone here

Comment

I apologize, I didn’t mean to make you guys feel down like you will not get it. County changes the way they do things everyday. Just because they say one thing, does not mean it’s set in stone.. The only reason county is switching to a Fctc style is because it will be cheaper for them to go that route ( their thoughts). I did not mean to come off like a *** and misrepresent this great department, so I’m sorry. If you want me to be completely honest and say my thoughts. I honestly do not think they will throw out this list, no matter what HR says. It took too much money and time to established this list. They are just combing through band 2 just to make sure they don’t miss out on some good guys. Not everyone is a good test taker, that does not mean they won’t make a good firefighter. You guys all have great attitudes with keeping the faith and I’m sorry for bringing negative energy. Also here is a quick pick me up for some. Was informed from a source (not sure how reliable, so take it as you will), but get ready for another round of CJO ... hint hint THIS WEEK. Take care all, and we will see you out there.
                Appreciate your response and I’m sure we all appreciate the heads up. I know I don’t just speak for myself when I say I’ll be monitoring my email extra close this week. Good luck, everyone.

Comment

Respek dawg, like stated we’ve all been waiting a long time for this..some of us first time testing with county since it’s been so long since last test, but mad respect for the apology and no hard feelings..at least from me.

Comment

• CJO Thursday? Hoping that “hint” comes through. Good luck all!

Comment

CJO Thursday? Hoping that “hint” comes through. Good luck all!
                      Good things happen on Friday from what I’ve read on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medic91 View Post

Good things happen on Friday from what I’ve read on here.
                        Ha! I’ve read that too. It was 2 weeks ago today that CJOs came out.

Comment

Ha! I’ve read that too. It was 2 weeks ago today that CJOs came out.
                          do we know how many people got CJOs from this current Band 1 process? I’m in group 7 and interviewed in May.

Comment

• Hearing approx 200 went out for these 2 classes running September. They figure half will fall out from backgrounds and medicals or other reasons. How many more will go out after this and from band 1 is anyone’s guess.

Comment

• I’ve heard 200 and as well 100 too

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                                I’ve heard 200 and as well 100 too
                                three orientations with about 25 in each

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola