Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeeWoo
    replied
    I know someone who got a thanks but no thanks letter for not passing backgrounds. Can’t really see them sending out more CJOs until the beginning of the year since there’s already enough people from the first round who are waiting for a tower date. Did hear 159 has lost 13 recruits so far and 160 has loss 5.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Anyone have an idea of when they might send out more CJO’s? Any rumors?

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    oh? that’s good then you still got a chance. i would try to email hr and still if there’s any updates for you. they’re pretty good at responding back.

Leave a comment:

• Biz_m
    replied
    Originally posted by sagesensei View Post

either you didn't make it past backgrounds or you might get a medical once they fill up future academies with the 100 or so still remaining that already completed orientation and uniform sizing. i don't think county sends a no thank you letter ever.
    I know of a few people throughout this process and the medic process who either got a no thank you email, or a letter in the mail saying they didn’t pass backgrounds so I figured I would’ve heard something by now but who knows

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    Originally posted by Biz_m View Post
    has anyone here not gotten a medical but also not gotten the thanks but no thanks letter? im in purgatory between background and medicals and haven't heard a thing
    either you didn't make it past backgrounds or you might get a medical once they fill up future academies with the 100 or so still remaining that already completed orientation and uniform sizing. i don't think county sends a no thank you letter ever.

Leave a comment:

• 2020LAFD?
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Can you link the video?
    Here's the link to the video, but is Chief Osby referring to having a 'new test' ready by year end , or doing new testing as in new applications?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNzRP8qhE_k

Leave a comment:

• Biz_m
    replied
    has anyone here not gotten a medical but also not gotten the thanks but no thanks letter? im in purgatory between background and medicals and haven't heard a thing

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    In other news I follow la county fire on YouTube and they posted a video that was titled quarterly update, chief said they’re going to have another test by the end of this year, so I don’t know what that means for this process. I don’t see them having 2 processes at the same time.
    Can you link the video?

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied
    Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
    i follow lacofd youtube channel as well and i what i came to realize is that they are notorious for uploading old videos. if you listen carefully to the video from start to finish, you would catch how chief osby talks about being appointed as the fire chief 3.5 years ago which was back in 2011. you would also catch that he talks about projections of 2018/2019 fiscal year looking better. not to mention that he also looks younger and slimmer. so yeah, this video is severely outdated and there is no need to panic.
    Oof. Lmao I kinda just skipped through listening for anything about hiring and that was about it but yeah you’re right they do upload a lot of old videos. Nice catch

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    i follow lacofd youtube channel as well and i what i came to realize is that they are notorious for uploading old videos. if you listen carefully to the video from start to finish, you would catch how chief osby talks about being appointed as the fire chief 3.5 years ago which was back in 2011. you would also catch that he talks about projections of 2018/2019 fiscal year looking better. not to mention that he also looks younger and slimmer. so yeah, this video is severely outdated and there is no need to panic.

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    But then again, look how long these processes take, between the written test, getting the results, interview, getting results for that, background medical, etc... The test very well might not be used until 2022. I think the first class off the 2019 list wasn't until June of this year.
    If they use the FCTC the process could be a lot faster tho, if they just hire from the eligible list, can go straight to interviews and cut off months of work.

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    But then again, look how long these processes take, between the written test, getting the results, interview, getting results for that, background medical, etc... The test very well might not be used until 2022. I think the first class off the 2019 list wasn't until June of this year.

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Didn’t watch that video but that literally goes against everything they said in the meeting last week lol.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    In other news I follow la county fire on YouTube and they posted a video that was titled quarterly update, chief said they’re going to have another test by the end of this year, so I don’t know what that means for this process. I don’t see them having 2 processes at the same time.
    I watched that video and that’s exactly why I asked about this list a couple hours ago lol. Kinda confused on what’s going on

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X