Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAFF
    replied
    ArmyDrill do you think everyone will receive a CJO within 6 weeks timeframe like you got? Or do you think it will vary depending on academy timeline.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

You may not get a 3 week notice to fast. I had one week notice. They e-mailed me on MAR 9 to report on MAR 16.
    The fast was kind of a joke. Taking advantage of the little bit of extra time to put in the extra work.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyDrill
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

3 week fast before medicals. In all honesty, I think that's a range to shoot for as it looks like it aligns with a standard BMI chart. I'm in the 6'1 category and right at the upper limits with an athletic build. I'm sure during medicals they will have some leniency if you exceed the range but are in great shape.
    You may not get a 3 week notice to fast. I had one week notice. They e-mailed me on MAR 9 to report on MAR 16.

Leave a comment:

• Campy
    replied
    Originally posted by navymech View Post

I am a vet so maybe that has something to do with? I also have an academy as well. I had a buddy who works with la county tell me that the call position, last hiring, was only for people who live in county. But my address is obviously not and they mailed me the letter. I think it is just an eligibility list in the event that this pandemic takes more people out and with projections for this years fire season being worse than last year.
    Well your resume is better than mine with vet status and academy. I’m looking to do an academy this fall but we’ll see what happens with the pandemic. I live in the county but I just figured maybe I didn’t hear anything back because I don’t live in the traditional CFF areas.

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Campy View Post

I heard that there’s a few call firefighter stations in the antelope valley and 1 or 2 in the Topanga area. I’m not sure if the usual call ff stations are looking for more people or if because of the whole pandemic going on that other stations will add call ff’s as well. I applied for CFF also but I haven’t heard anything back yet so I wasn’t sure if you lived in those areas
    I am a vet so maybe that has something to do with? I also have an academy as well. I had a buddy who works with la county tell me that the call position, last hiring, was only for people who live in county. But my address is obviously not and they mailed me the letter. I think it is just an eligibility list in the event that this pandemic takes more people out and with projections for this years fire season being worse than last year.

Leave a comment:

• Campy
    replied

No. Why do you ask?
    I heard that there’s a few call firefighter stations in the antelope valley and 1 or 2 in the Topanga area. I’m not sure if the usual call ff stations are looking for more people or if because of the whole pandemic going on that other stations will add call ff’s as well. I applied for CFF also but I haven’t heard anything back yet so I wasn’t sure if you lived in those areas

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Campy View Post

Do you live in the antelope valley or Topanga area?
    No. Why do you ask?
    Last edited by navymech; 04-14-2020, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Start eating in a deficit, clean up your diet, and put in the work doing cardio. The lbs will start coming off.
    Intermittent fasting has been pretty good to me and it's not difficult to maintain. 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window. Dinner by 6pm and breakfast 10am the next day, or 7pm and 11am...

Leave a comment:

• Campy
    replied
    Just received notification that I was placed on the eligibility list for the “call firefighter” position. It was via snail mail
    Do you live in the antelope valley or Topanga area?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

you’re going fast 3 weeks prior? Hahaha! I think I’ll join you if I get there! Same boat for the 6’3” category, but hitting 210 will be a challenge. Doing work now...
    Start eating in a deficit, clean up your diet, and put in the work doing cardio. The lbs will start coming off.

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Awesome! That’s like per diem. Shoot, if you can gain some experience for the next couple months, that’s great!
    I’m trying to be as positive as I can. It’s frustrating being someone in vband who interviewed after everyone and hasn’t heard anything in almost three months haha. Such is life. I agree, experience is experience especially at my dream dept. thank you for the encouragement and I’m pulling for everyone posting here. It’s great to think that we are fighting for a spot but we can still encourage along the way. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Just received notification that I was placed on the eligibility list for the “call firefighter” position. It was via snail mail
    Awesome! That’s like per diem. Shoot, if you can gain some experience for the next couple months, that’s great!

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

3 week fast before medicals. In all honesty, I think that's a range to shoot for as it looks like it aligns with a standard BMI chart. I'm in the 6'1 category and right at the upper limits with an athletic build. I'm sure during medicals they will have some leniency if you exceed the range but are in great shape.

you’re going fast 3 weeks prior? Hahaha! I think I’ll join you if I get there! Same boat for the 6’3” category, but hitting 210 will be a challenge. Doing work now...

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied
    Yeah I wanna say I remember reading someone posting they sent out 1500 letters..and then shortly after everyone got their score. But yeah literally everyone I know and everyone they know is in band 1. I’m not sure if some people are just saying that because they’re embarrassed or what.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X