Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    Can anyone confirm class 158 is also starting next month?
    158 is starting on June 22nd, have a buddy who will be there

Comment

• Originally posted by ta5298 View Post

158 is starting on June 22nd, have a buddy who will be there
      Thank you. So after interviews it’s lottery or are you cherry picked to move on?

Comment

• Is there any v banders on here who have finished backgrounds/medical and are waiting for a tower date?

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
          Maybe they mean they’re going to use our list much like other departments use FCTC.
          basically so they can cherry pick who they want. Based of test score, and your certifications.
          so if you tested high in band 1 and have a medic and/or FF1 you may have a better shot at getting a call. Them throwing out this whole list to start new again for no apparent reason doesn’t sound right.
          Yeah they could do it like OCFA did this year where they used the FCTC test, set the passing bar at 80%. Then those that made a passing score move onto the next phase.

If County tested every year like OCFA did, do you think that would cut down on volume of applicants? OCFA usually has like 3500 people apply, but they have also been testing every year for the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Yeah they could do it like OCFA did this year where they used the FCTC test, set the passing bar at 80%. Then those that made a passing score move onto the next phase.

If County tested every year like OCFA did, do you think that would cut down on volume of applicants? OCFA usually has like 3500 people apply, but they have also been testing every year for the past few years.
            Could go either way, they have so many applicants because the last test was like 5 years ago. And more people are willing to leave a current department to go to la county rather than OCFA for example.

and if they use the FCTC I’m sure not as many people would pass with a higher score like this test. So that alone would cut down how many move on to interviews after the written.
            also depends where the cutoff is, could be 70, 80 or 90 all depends on how they wanna do it.
            question is are they going to scrap this test after the year is out, or just use the current list and base it upon written score, resume and qualifications? Who knows lol

Comment

• I just noticed that was from the Union site. Is that the same as the County and what they are doing? Or Is that something the Union will advocate for?
              Last edited by Kbsandcoffee; 05-31-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I just don’t see how they can only use this last test to hire so few candidates before just transitioning to FCTC. That’s a lot of money to spend to cut this list short. Especially since the only candidates that have filled spots in academies so far are V band. As far as I know, no one from band 1 has gotten past the interview. Just doesn’t make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by green108 View Post
                  I just don’t see how they can only use this last test to hire so few candidates before just transitioning to FCTC. That’s a lot of money to spend to cut this list short. Especially since the only candidates that have filled spots in academies so far are V band. As far as I know, no one from band 1 has gotten past the interview. Just doesn’t make sense.
                  Feel the same way. And like someone said before these Testing processes are costly as well as time consuming.

They will be cutting it close on getting people ready for September tower if we don’t hear anything sitting the next week. Would just be nice to get sort of update at this point.

Comment

• I say let's just keep the faith, Between the covid-19, now with all the riots I'm sure filling the Sept academy isn't one of their top priorities at this moment in time. Which is sad for us we just got to hang in there and pray something will happen soon. All good things are worth waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by navynerd View Post
                      I say let's just keep the faith, Between the covid-19, now with all the riots I'm sure filling the Sept academy isn't one of their top priorities at this moment in time. Which is sad for us we just got to hang in there and pray something will happen soon. All good things are worth waiting for.
                      Absolutely! Looking forward to hearing one of you getting a CJO! If I’m being honest, unless it’s a lottery selection, I’m not going to be high up on the list.

Comment

• I received my interview date this morning via email. Interview is mid-June. I had originally been scheduled for mid-May, which was cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by ppraline View Post
                          I received my interview date this morning via email. Interview is mid-June. I had originally been scheduled for mid-May, which was cancelled.
                          A glimmer of light

Comment

• Originally posted by ppraline View Post
                            I received my interview date this morning via email. Interview is mid-June. I had originally been scheduled for mid-May, which was cancelled.
                            If thats the case, I doubt we will hear anything back until Mid-July. I feel like they are going to wait til everyone is done to score the interviews.

Comment

• Just the fact they started the interviews again is good news, as was posted elsewhere be ready , have all your certs up to date the county will probably move fairly quickly when they do start

Comment

• Originally posted by firehb979 View Post

If thats the case, I doubt we will hear anything back until Mid-July. I feel like they are going to wait til everyone is done to score the interviews.
                                I don't think they'll wait that long. If they have two towers in September they need to put 112 people plus alternates through backgrounds and medicals. That's a lot of people to push through in a month and a half or so.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X