Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was told today that there is about a hundred in v band and 3000 in band 1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by navymech View Post
      I was told today that there is about a hundred in v band and 3000 in band 1
      Where did you hear that?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

        Where did you hear that?
        Friend that works in la county

        Comment


        • Originally posted by navymech View Post

          Friend that works in la county
          Do they know what the next step is in the process and how they’re choosing people?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

            Do they know what the next step is in the process and how they’re choosing people?
            V band will be exhausted. They are going to be running two towers with 48(+15) alternates. Then they will dip into band 1. By that logic and time frame maybe late spring early summer of 2020 for band 1.

            Backgrounds and the other stuff stuff are next. The way it’s laid out in the application on gov jobs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by navymech View Post

              V band will be exhausted. They are going to be running two towers with 48(+15) alternates. Then they will dip into band 1. By that logic and time frame maybe late spring early summer of 2020 for band 1.

              Backgrounds and the other stuff stuff are next. The way it’s laid out in the application on gov jobs
              Can confirm this as well through an LA county training captain. Still not 100% but it is exactly what I heard. They had 48 for the current academy and 10 didn’t show, only 38 currently.

              Comment


              • 3000 people in Band 1...

                Good luck, everyone! Lol haha

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dgogs31 View Post

                  Can confirm this as well through an LA county training captain. Still not 100% but it is exactly what I heard. They had 48 for the current academy and 10 didn’t show, only 38 currently.
                  Why wouldn’t people show? I’d live in my car if I had to haha

                  Comment


                  • Gotta capitalize on making V band!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post
                      Gotta capitalize on making V band!
                      I will be out in a couple months. I’m hand delivering that dd214

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by navymech View Post

                        I will be out in a couple months. I’m hand delivering that dd214
                        Just make sure you have some sort of a campaign medal on your dd214. I didnt get veteran credit because I wasnt in Afghanistan or Iraq but I was in for 7 years. There is a pdf that shows how to qualify for the 10 pts

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sjabbott View Post

                          Just make sure you have some sort of a campaign medal on your dd214. I didnt get veteran credit because I wasnt in Afghanistan or Iraq but I was in for 7 years. There is a pdf that shows how to qualify for the 10 pts
                          How did you not get it? The global war on terrorism is considered a campaign I believe. Can you link the pdf? I have only found a little blurb on the hiring flyer and recruit flyer

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by navymech View Post

                            How did you not get it? The global war on terrorism is considered a campaign I believe. Can you link the pdf? I have only found a little blurb on the hiring flyer and recruit flyer
                            http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dh...nInfo_2014.pdf

                            Comment


                            • Awesome thank you

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sjabbott View Post

                                Just make sure you have some sort of a campaign medal on your dd214. I didnt get veteran credit because I wasnt in Afghanistan or Iraq but I was in for 7 years. There is a pdf that shows how to qualify for the 10 pts
                                You don’t need a campaign medal for vet preference. Only 180 days active duty that wasn’t for training(Tech school) and it had to have occurred after 9/11.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X