X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnaga2
    replied
    Originally posted by TJO654 View Post
    Anyone know how long the process takes from CJO to job offer? Currently in paramedic internship and received a CJO. Have orientation on the Sep 18th as well.
    Mine took a little over 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• TJO654
    replied
    Anyone know how long the process takes from CJO to job offer? Currently in paramedic internship and received a CJO. Have orientation on the Sep 18th as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheJester20
    replied
    Does anyone have a background orientation date other than the 18th?

Leave a comment:

• Jak3lee
    replied
    Thank you everyone for all the responses to my previous question! I will continue to work on building my resume and update HR! Congrats again to those who finally received a cjo! God speed!

Leave a comment:

• Seaswimmer37
    replied
    except they don't let you update anything besides CPAT and current EMT

Leave a comment:

• TToyoda
    replied
    I would say that if it's a relevant job change that will help bolster your resume, then definitely keep them updated just to keep stacking more things in your favor in case they are looking at that kind of stuff when deciding who to send offers out to. I'm honestly not sure how big of a difference it will make at this juncture, given the randomness of this process; but it's also not going to hurt you by doing so. I hope that helps.

Everything is purely speculation with this hiring process. All we can do is continue to have hope, and keep progressing. I've been pursuing a career in the Fire Service for going on 10 years now, and the biggest thing I've learned during all of the ups and downs is to never give up and keep moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

I just sent one, with updates educational information. They accepted and were polite about it.
    You sent an updated resume through their “FFT” email?

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

Do we need to be updating HR of any job changes in the last year since the initial resume we had to send in before interviews?
    I just sent one, with updates educational information. They accepted and were polite about it.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Originally posted by TToyoda View Post
    I'm an EMT, and have been in 911 for over 4 years now. I also have my Fire Academy, and was a Reserve FF for 2 years during which I earned my FF1. They've already had all-medic classes, all-vet classes, and all-female classes. It seems random now. I work with LACOFD all the time, and they honestly just need bodies, and they need them now and by the boatload. Just keep building your resume and updating HR to keep making yourself look more desirable as a candidate.
    Do we need to be updating HR of any job changes in the last year since the initial resume we had to send in before interviews?

Leave a comment:

• TToyoda
    replied
    I'm an EMT, and have been in 911 for over 4 years now. I also have my Fire Academy, and was a Reserve FF for 2 years during which I earned my FF1. They've already had all-medic classes, all-vet classes, and all-female classes. It seems random now. I work with LACOFD all the time, and they honestly just need bodies, and they need them now and by the boatload. Just keep building your resume and updating HR to keep making yourself look more desirable as a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Desertratt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jak3lee View Post
    Congrats to everyone who got CJO’s!! I was just wondering if those who recently received a CJO…were you guys just EMT’s with experience? Or medics? Or even just EMTs without any experience? I would love to know what they’re looking for right now. Thanks in advance!
    In P-school. Emt with a little experience but background is all over the place. No for sure thing they're looking for probably a mix. I remember them asking to submit FF1 if you had it awhile ago too.

Leave a comment:

• Jak3lee
    replied
    Congrats to everyone who got CJO’s!! I was just wondering if those who recently received a CJO…were you guys just EMT’s with experience? Or medics? Or even just EMTs without any experience? I would love to know what they’re looking for right now. Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Skyrunner
    replied
    Super cool! Congrats, guys! Your hard work is paying off.

Leave a comment:

• Medic91
    replied
    Dang lots of CJO!

How exciting, and congrats to the guys/gals who got them! I’m happy they’re apparently still using the list everyone said was scrapped.

fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Seaswimmer37
    replied
    Got one too

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse