Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by jbrody View Post
    we might not see interviews for a good while.
    Don’t be too positive lol.

    Comment


    • #92
      I could of swore SD City was like 4 ish months in between each section of their process so it’s possible lol

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jbrody View Post
        I could of swore SD City was like 4 ish months in between each section of their process so it’s possible lol
        Lol Houston's current process is the quickest one I've ever seen. App period opened Aug 28. Civil service Oct 2. Academy start date Nov 18.

        Wish more departments did a quicker process.

        Comment


        • #94
          Since they aren’t doing interviews, when will they start sending out conditional offers?

          Comment


          • #95
            I made it to band 1, now we wait.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
              Since they aren’t doing interviews, when will they start sending out conditional offers?
              What do you mean lol? No interview never heard of that

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
                Since they aren’t doing interviews, when will they start sending out conditional offers?
                Yep. No interviews. Keep thinking that. Lol. Unless you were referring to Houston.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                  Yep. No interviews. Keep thinking that. Lol. Unless you were referring to Houston.
                  If there are interviews then why didn’t La County mention anything about that in their job posting? It also says on their FAQ for this exam that we will be placed in bands based on our exam score, which has already happened. It then says people will be selected for a background and medical starting with the highest bands. Never mentioned anything about interviews, not even in the letter we recieved about our exam score.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
                    If there are interviews then why didn’t La County mention anything about that in their job posting? It also says on their FAQ for this exam that we will be placed in bands based on our exam score, which has already happened. It then says people will be selected for a background and medical starting with the highest bands. Never mentioned anything about interviews, not even in the letter we recieved about our exam score.
                    If it's anything like the medic process, you'll do medical and background, then interview after. They did Skype interviews for the medic process.

                    I can't imagine a dept like LACOFD not doing interviews. While there are large departments that don't do panel interviews that get 1000s of applicants, it's definitely not the norm.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                      If it's anything like the medic process, you'll do medical and background, then interview after. They did Skype interviews for the medic process.

                      I can't imagine a dept like LACOFD not doing interviews. While there are large departments that don't do panel interviews that get 1000s of applicants, it's definitely not the norm.
                      Yeah I’ve been hearing about the Skype interview, but from what I’ve heard the interview is a selection interview that isn’t scored (not sure how true that is). I heard that it’s just a way for the Department to see who you are before officially putting you on a waitlist for an academy.

                      Comment


                      • Never mentioned a Skype interview in the process for medics but we had one. They will likely do interviews for this round especially since they have a few thousand people.

                        Comment


                        • I called the examination dept. and they told me the next step in this process is Background.

                          Comment


                          • Just to clarify, the interview is via Skype, ITS NOT SCORED so it doesn’t mean much other then making sure you’re who you say you are and after you’re put on the waiting list for an academy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EB1980 View Post
                              Just to clarify, the interview is via Skype, ITS NOT SCORED so it doesn’t mean much other then making sure you’re who you say you are and after you’re put on the waiting list for an academy.
                              Is it not scored or pass/fail?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                                Is it not scored or pass/fail?
                                Your band score is your score, don’t even think it’s pass fail the way it was explained to me

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X