Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ppraline View Post
    I took the late exam on 2/26/2020, received my request for resume on 4/23, submitted resume on 4/28, received interview date on 5/4 for an interview on 5/13. Hope this helps and best of luck, folks!
    Thanks for the update! Confirms that yesterday was the last round of interviews for the original test group. How many would estimate were also taking the late test?
    Last edited by WeeWoo; 05-07-2020, 12:35 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

      Thanks for the update! Confirms that yesterday was the last round of interviews for the original test group. How many would estimate were also taking the late test?
      That being said, probably one more
      week until we hear back.

      Comment


      • Who else bombed the interview.... Hahah jk good luck to everyone

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wetfloor93 View Post
          Who else bombed the interview.... Hahah jk good luck to everyone
          Honestly, hardest interview for me. At least on others I can have some human element. I have been hiring people for years, and been in many interviews, but this one was the hardest. Not because of the questions, just the time and automated aspect. Anyone else? But yes, good luck all!
          Last edited by Kbsandcoffee; 05-07-2020, 11:32 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

            Honestly, hardest interview for me. At least on others I can have some human element. I have been hiring people for years, and been in many interviews, but this one was the hardest. Not because of the questions, just the time and automated aspect. Anyone else? But yes, good luck all!
            I think the time limit was the hardest part. So much to say in such a short time.

            Comment


            • I just felt stupid during the whole thing. Lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                I just felt stupid during the whole thing. Lol
                I’ll go back to a post I read in this forum, “ just checking to make sure we are not murderers”

                some comfort there hahahaha

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                  I think the time limit was the hardest part. So much to say in such a short time.
                  Definitely agreed. So much to present about myself, but I felt like I had to focus on a single aspect for each question. I'd be really curious to see internally how they're sorting through all of the candidates and selecting who gets a CJO.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

                    I’ll go back to a post I read in this forum, “ just checking to make sure we are not murderers”

                    some comfort there hahahaha
                    lol right, I felt pretty good honestly. Didn’t have enough time
                    to mess up and some dumb sh**

                    Comment


                    • I think they’ll look at the resume, your interview and decide pass or fail

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by truckman81 View Post
                        I think they’ll look at the resume, your interview and decide pass or fail
                        Sounds about right, doesn’t seem like interview dates had any significance..

                        Comment


                        • So HR is strictly choosing who gets a CJO? No fire personnel?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                            So HR is strictly choosing who gets a CJO? No fire personnel?
                            That is what i got told by a retired BC whose son is also a BC with county. The department handling it is only HR with no fire personnel having a say.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by navymech View Post

                              That is what i got told by a retired BC whose son is also a BC with county. The department handling it is only HR with no fire personnel having a say.
                              I get the reasoning why they would do it that, because of what has happen in the past, but I also find it odd people in another department are choosing who you work with, especially with this position where you are going to be living and working in stressful situations with.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

                                I get the reasoning why they would do it that, because of what has happen in the past, but I also find it odd people in another department are choosing who you work with, especially with this position where you are going to be living and working in stressful situations with.
                                Maybe they get a better look at the human vs what experience a person has. We all are going to get trained, but a 3rd party won’t be distracted by certification, lingo, etc.

                                I can relate. In my industry, I almost never hire
                                anyone that has worked in my industry, but based on the person themselves. I can train you, but you have to be trainable. Nothing to “unlearn”. Just my two cents.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X