Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    Weird that they didn’t throw those medics in the current tower happening rn.
    At this point, if they aren’t doing the Medical part of the tower, it shouldn’t matter what band you are from. Everyone will be learning from scratch, so to speak. Maybe they deferred or had some looonnnggg background.

Comment

• Did anyone else get screwed over by the Covid19 thing and not get there cpat renewed? Mine was up in Feb and had a date middle of April that was cancelled. Does anyone know how there working that?

Comment

• Any confirmation that Tomorrow is the last round of interviews?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post
          Did anyone else get screwed over by the Covid19 thing and not get there cpat renewed? Mine was up in Feb and had a date middle of April that was cancelled. Does anyone know how there working that?
          I live in Ventura County. Fire Chief called me as mine was 4/25. He said they are postponed but he would be happy to contact or write a letter if I were to get in to background. Anyone who has one expiring during this time is in the same boat. I’d like to think backgrounds will be sympathetic, but perhaps it’s another way to get turned away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post
            Did anyone else get screwed over by the Covid19 thing and not get there cpat renewed? Mine was up in Feb and had a date middle of April that was cancelled. Does anyone know how there working that?
            Yeah pretty much, had a April date that got moved to early may then that got postponed and the earliest days I could get is in early July. But hopefully it doesn’t affect anything. Literally nothing we could do

Comment

• Just an FYI, National testing Network is doing cpat testing. 7 dates available in May @ the Phoenix location. 6 time slots at the Everett WA location.
              Last edited by Boize208; 05-05-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• yeah, I'm flying to Arizona to take it- gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seaswimmer37 View Post
                  yeah, I'm flying to Arizona to take it- gotta do what you gotta do.
                  I contacted LA county about this last month and they said just get it to us when you can. Mine is expired but they have to be realistic and they understand that.

Comment

• I would also verify that they take non fctc cpats. I have read some postings where they explicitly accept only fctc ones.

Comment

• "****A Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) is a timed test that measures performance on physical tasks simulating actual job duties on the fire ground. To see a current schedule and register online: FCTConline.org. It is the candidate's responsibility to maintain a current and valid CPAT certification that remains valid until final appointment. CPAT certification is valid for twelve (12) months from the effective date."

This leads me to believe that it is only FCTC that is accepted. This is from the original job flyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post
                        "****A Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) is a timed test that measures performance on physical tasks simulating actual job duties on the fire ground. To see a current schedule and register online: FCTConline.org. It is the candidate's responsibility to maintain a current and valid CPAT certification that remains valid until final appointment. CPAT certification is valid for twelve (12) months from the effective date."

This leads me to believe that it is only FCTC that is accepted. This is from the original job flyer.
                        I did my cpat through Public Safety Testing in Washington and didn't have any issues with them approving it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

I did my cpat through Public Safety Testing in Washington and didn't have any issues with them approving it.
                          Ok cool. Thank you

Comment

• I emailed the county and they told me they have a contract with NTN, too. So they do take out of state CPATs

Comment

• Last round of interviews today, right? Hopefully? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                                Last round of interviews today, right? Hopefully? lol
                                Hopefully when this thread gets to 1000 comments we'll start seeing the CJOs roll out. Let's pump out 11 more

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X