Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    There’s supposed to be an academy in July as well.. guessing as soon as 157 has graduated. I don’t know if that going to be all v-band or what. But remember some v-band got into 156..they interviewed December and got CJO on the 11th of January. Not sure how many v-band were in 156 but they got them done in less then 2 months.

also. This might be my fault with interviews going into June. My co-worker originally told me he had a interview in June. But I recently talked to him and he said it’s may 7th. I don’t know why he told me June initially. But unless anyone else knows someone with a June interview the latest Interview date I’ve seen is the 7th of may. So my bad y’all. Feels like they’re waiting until all interviews are completed to send our CJO’s so hopefully only 1 more week.
    I hope so man. this waiting around is brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

I was too busy drilling the paramedic intern on what i could do to stand out but i think it was equivalent to running like two miles in less than 20 minutes or something. it wasnt anything crazy. dont be a loaf i think is what the actual requirement is.
      Thanks! Looking forward to the opportunity

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
        There’s supposed to be an academy in July as well.. guessing as soon as 157 has graduated. I don’t know if that going to be all v-band or what. But remember some v-band got into 156..they interviewed December and got CJO on the 11th of January. Not sure how many v-band were in 156 but they got them done in less then 2 months.

also. This might be my fault with interviews going into June. My co-worker originally told me he had a interview in June. But I recently talked to him and he said it’s may 7th. I don’t know why he told me June initially. But unless anyone else knows someone with a June interview the latest Interview date I’ve seen is the 7th of may. So my bad y’all. Feels like they’re waiting until all interviews are completed to send our CJO’s so hopefully only 1 more week.
        Well that would be a game changer! Lets hope the last group is May 7th! Had my interview yesterday and eager to find out! Hope to see all of you out there for 159s. We should have our usernames on our turnouts

Comment

• Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

Well that would be a game changer! Lets hope the last group is May 7th! Had my interview yesterday and eager to find out! Hope to see all of you out there for 159s. We should have our usernames on our turnouts
          Hahahaha! I hope so! Might be easier to call me Mazzola tho...

Comment

• So it’s either you hear back or you don’t? Or do they notify you if you aren’t selected as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dajoncurtis View Post
              So it’s either you hear back or you don’t? Or do they notify you if you aren’t selected as well?
              Others were saying you're only notified if you receive a cjo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

Others were saying you're only notified if you receive a cjo.
                Ahhh that’s nerve racking

Comment

• Another rumor to add to the discussion, but my buddy’s dad, who works for County, said that vband has been exhausted to fill the June 8th tower. Meaning July tower could be the first waive of band 1 members.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
                    Another rumor to add to the discussion, but my buddy’s dad, who works for County, said that vband has been exhausted to fill the June 8th tower. Meaning July tower could be the first waive of band 1 members.
                    I hope not lol. I havent received my CJO yet and im vband. so its either going to be a somber week or im grouped in with band 1.

Comment

I hope not lol. I havent received my CJO yet and im vband. so its either going to be a somber week or im grouped in with band 1.
                      No idea if it’s true or not! Where are you at in the process? I don’t think we’ll hear anything this week since there is still another round of interviews.

Comment

• If this week is the last set of interviews and the july academy will be filled with band 1 we should be expecting something soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by SSJHectic View Post
                          If this week is the last set of interviews and the july academy will be filled with band 1 we should be expecting something soon!
                          Let's hope!

Comment

same. V bender here. Still no medical or firm offer of employment

Comment

• WeeWoo

I interviewed in january. I havent heard anything and i am pretty sure I know everyone in the testing office haha. I feel pretty confident but geesh

Comment

• This is from my friend who is starting in June:

”Per their training chief - 2 more academy’s most likely starting in September.
                                They currently have 1 class of 40ish people going through with the whole hotel quarantine and it’s been successful. They graduate in a week or two.
                                The towers starting in June will be total of 112 people, so 56 at each facility. Going to assume September will be the same. Both classes are a mix of the medic list and the V band from the emt list. My class has about 35 medics in it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X