Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

I think they do something along those lines with an assessment during the tower that consists of the beep test, 1.5 mi run, push ups, pull ups and sit ups. Nothing confirmed yet though. I know LAFD does an assessment at your PIQ that consists of pull ups, push ups, air squats, burpees and 1.5 run.
    Thanks. What are the minimums for the assessment events?

Comment

• Originally posted by fire024 View Post

Thanks. What are the minimums for the assessment events?
      No minimums were given. You can google the LAFD assessment #’s. Just google LAFD CAPS.

Comment

• Comment

• I remember someone here saying County liked to do BEEP tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
            I remember someone here saying County liked to do BEEP tests.
            Thats what probie ff do for la county.

Comment

• Is LAFD baseline assessment minimums (pull ups - 8, pushups - 35 reps, air squats - 45 reps, burpees - 20 reps and 1.5 mile run < 12 mins) similar to LACOFD?

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

Thats what probie ff do for la county.
                What’s the required score?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
                  Just completed my interview. Good luck to everyone on this thread! Has anyone from the first group of interviews heard anything yet?
                  Nothing yet for me

Comment

• When is the last round of Band 1? I’m guessing we don’t hear anymore until after that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewdfire View Post
                      When is the last round of Band 1? I’m guessing we don’t hear anymore until after that...
                      I heard interviews go till June

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewdfire View Post
                        When is the last round of Band 1? I’m guessing we don’t hear anymore until after that...
                        I don’t know anything, however, having been through background in another department, it seems that they would want to start sooner on that; as to have trainees ready for late summer and fall academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

I don’t know anything, however, having been through background in another department, it seems that they would want to start sooner on that; as to have trainees ready for late summer and fall academy.
                          I was thinking about this yesterday. It took ArmyDrill in the v-band about 4 months from interview to official job offer, with two months notice until his academy start in June. If county waited for all Band 1 interviews to be complete in the beginning of June to start sending CJO's and starting backgrounds, the process I feel like will be pretty rushed to get two band 1 towers filled for September. Especially if there are candidates that fail any step of the process after CJO.

Comment

• There’s supposed to be an academy in July as well.. guessing as soon as 157 has graduated. I don’t know if that going to be all v-band or what. But remember some v-band got into 156..they interviewed December and got CJO on the 11th of January. Not sure how many v-band were in 156 but they got them done in less then 2 months.

also. This might be my fault with interviews going into June. My co-worker originally told me he had a interview in June. But I recently talked to him and he said it’s may 7th. I don’t know why he told me June initially. But unless anyone else knows someone with a June interview the latest Interview date I’ve seen is the 7th of may. So my bad y’all. Feels like they’re waiting until all interviews are completed to send our CJO’s so hopefully only 1 more week.

Comment

• Anyone have or know someone with a later interview date then May 7th?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

What’s the required score?
                                I was too busy drilling the paramedic intern on what i could do to stand out but i think it was equivalent to running like two miles in less than 20 minutes or something. it wasnt anything crazy. dont be a loaf i think is what the actual requirement is.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X