No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. They did not make everyone Band 1. I know people that are band 2 and band 3
    Unless you hear it from an orientation I would just relax and not let our heads spin to much. Unless your told by someone on the inside something all we’re doing is speculating. Gotta stay calm guys and girls

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

Everyone in Band 1? What was the point of the test then? I’ve heard so many different things with this process
      So they don’t get a law suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post
        Lol. They did not make everyone Band 1. I know people that are band 2 and band 3
        Unless you hear it from an orientation I would just relax and not let our heads spin to much. Unless your told by someone on the inside something all we’re doing is speculating. Gotta stay calm guys and girls
        Yeah I was gonna say! Haha but yeah if they still have medics left over then why didn’t they fill this last academy with them instead of putting v-banders in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post

Yeah I was gonna say! Haha but yeah if they still have medics left over then why didn’t they fill this last academy with them instead of putting v-banders in it.
          According to the union page for la county, they are running medics and vband together in one academy right now. At the end of 5 weeks, the medics will be done, and at the end of 8 weeks the emts will be done. They are running two towers as they have secured hotel contracts at two different sites for the academies. My guess is that because the medic class is 5 weeks long, they are going to start a vband/1 academy upon completion.

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post

According to the union page for la county, they are running medics and vband together in one academy right now. At the end of 5 weeks, the medics will be done, and at the end of 8 weeks the emts will be done. They are running two towers as they have secured hotel contracts at two different sites for the academies. My guess is that because the medic class is 5 weeks long, they are going to start a vband/1 academy upon completion.
            157 starts June 8 so 158 might start a couple of weeks after in order to have them somewhat staggered.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyDrill View Post

157 starts June 8 so 158 might start a couple of weeks after in order to have them somewhat staggered.
              Thats what im thinking

Comment

• Anyone know if the June academy is the first one that is all veterans? I’ve never heard of them having a all vet academy..pretty cool thing if it’s never happened before.
                and assuming there is a second one that one would be pretty much all v-band as well

Comment

• Per the Chief chat this morning, academy in June and he said one in July as well..hopefully some of us band 1 people have a chance to make that one!

Comment

• Originally posted by AIQ View Post
                    Per the Chief chat this morning, academy in June and he said one in July as well..hopefully some of us band 1 people have a chance to make that one!
                    Thanks! Great news. Wouldn’t mind spending my birthday doing work with you all

Comment

• Is there a baseline fitness assessment (1.5 mile run, push ups and sit-ups) before and during the recruit academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by fire024 View Post
                        Is there a baseline fitness assessment (1.5 mile run, push ups and sit-ups) before and during the recruit academy?
                        I think they do something along those lines with an assessment during the tower that consists of the beep test, 1.5 mi run, push ups, pull ups and sit ups. Nothing confirmed yet though. I know LAFD does an assessment at your PIQ that consists of pull ups, push ups, air squats, burpees and 1.5 run.

Comment

• Just completed my interview. Good luck to everyone on this thread! Has anyone from the first group of interviews heard anything yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jman119 View Post
                            Just completed my interview. Good luck to everyone on this thread! Has anyone from the first group of interviews heard anything yet?
                            Same. Good luck all!!!

Comment

• Group 2 (April 1) and haven’t heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by AM1485 View Post
                                Group 2 (April 1) and haven’t heard anything yet.
                                For reference, those of us who went today are group 6

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X