X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by Redcrown12 View Post
    That is very unfortunate news. Does this mean they are going forward with a new test for January?
    No.........

Leave a comment:

• Redcrown12
    replied
    That is very unfortunate news. Does this mean they are going forward with a new test for January?

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    I emailed that FFTAPPLICANT.FIRE email asking about the union extending the current list. I even provided a link to the union page where it stated this. This was the response.

Thanks for the information,
    At this moment, the Fire Fighter Trainee eligible list is still expired. Should the list be restored and candidates are sent conditional offers, candidates will be contacted by our Backgrounds Unit.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    I can see it easily happening especially when you hire someone with zero experience or any fire service exposure. They have no idea what they are getting themselves into and it was probably a reality check.

Leave a comment:

• Medic91
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

Heard a few were attitude issues or egos too.
    It’s WILD to me that someone could make it this far and get this once in a lifetime changing opportunity and throw it out the window over attitude and egos. I’m not surprised but I’ve seen this happen more than once.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

A couple were injuries, some just flat out quit and the others weren’t meeting the requirements and struggling to grasp the job.
    Heard a few were attitude issues or egos too.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

If you finally get your shot and have your limits tested and realize it isn’t for you... I’d rather you quit then make it through and be a liability.
    Well said homewardbound. The academy trains and weeds out, a guy that gets pushed through will do more damage then good. The fact that you feel upset that someone else got a shot other than you and they couldn’t make it shows the entitlement on this forum. Entitlement is the last thing that should be in any organization. Before any keyboard warriors try to hit back, just be stoked if you get your shot and don’t **** on others cause they couldn’t make it.

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Blows my mind you would just quit. It’s not like we don’t know what we are signing up for. It’s disappointing I guess because those spots could be for others who really want this.
    If you finally get your shot and have your limits tested and realize it isn’t for you... I’d rather you quit then make it through and be a liability.

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post

A couple were injuries, some just flat out quit and the others weren’t meeting the requirements and struggling to grasp the job.
    Blows my mind you would just quit. It’s not like we don’t know what we are signing up for. It’s disappointing I guess because those spots could be for others who really want this.

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    Originally posted by sagesensei View Post
    dang that's a lot. do you know what's causing the drops? physical fitness related?

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    dang that's a lot. do you know what's causing the drops? physical fitness related?

Leave a comment:

• WeeWoo
    replied
    I know someone who got a thanks but no thanks letter for not passing backgrounds. Can’t really see them sending out more CJOs until the beginning of the year since there’s already enough people from the first round who are waiting for a tower date. Did hear 159 has lost 13 recruits so far and 160 has loss 5.

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Anyone have an idea of when they might send out more CJO’s? Any rumors?

Leave a comment:

• sagesensei
    replied
    oh? that’s good then you still got a chance. i would try to email hr and still if there’s any updates for you. they’re pretty good at responding back.

Leave a comment:

• Biz_m
    replied
    Originally posted by sagesensei View Post

either you didn't make it past backgrounds or you might get a medical once they fill up future academies with the 100 or so still remaining that already completed orientation and uniform sizing. i don't think county sends a no thank you letter ever.
    I know of a few people throughout this process and the medic process who either got a no thank you email, or a letter in the mail saying they didn’t pass backgrounds so I figured I would’ve heard something by now but who knows

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X