No announcement yet.

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid this was going to happen. Any word from county FD? Are possibly delaying the hiring of new FFs as well?

Comment

• Police and Fire will be largely shielded from these cuts. I know that refers mainly to overtime or existing personnel, but the department cannot and will not be able to operate without continuing with its current hiring process. There’s just way too many spots that need to be filled and those numbers are just going to keep getting worse with promotions/retirements. I’m not affiliated with the department, but I think it’s safe to safe the current hiring process and those of us fortunate enough to be moving forward should be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcatc73 View Post

I see it says something about the city making and delaying hiring but would that also effect the county? They are already hurting as far as personnel
        Who knows. I could see this years dates being good as the towers are more than likely funded. But with funding coming from the success of the local economy and currently that is taking a massive hit. I don’t know how far I to the future they funded. I agree that county is hurting. Someone in la city’s thread brought up a good point. This is going to drive some people who are of retirement age out because they don’t want to deal with it. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by AM1485 View Post
          Police and Fire will be largely shielded from these cuts. I know that refers mainly to overtime or existing personnel, but the department cannot and will not be able to operate without continuing with its current hiring process. There’s just way too many spots that need to be filled and those numbers are just going to keep getting worse with promotions/retirements. I’m not affiliated with the department, but I think it’s safe to safe the current hiring process and those of us fortunate enough to be moving forward should be good.
          Agreed! I think at least this years academy’s are still going to be a go like navymech said. No way they’ll be able to keep up with promotions and retirements without multiple academy’s

Comment

• If I remember right, the fire chief said that all funding for hiring has already been placed to the side and that the coronavirus will not delay hiring. Pretty sure he said this a few weeks ago during their social media video.

Comment

• wether there is a hiring freeze or not lets just hope they exhaust the list (all V band/ A band) we all worked hard to get on without any future testing!
              Thank you all for the updates and info!
              Last edited by gabe40; 04-20-2020, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gabe40 View Post
                wether there is a hiring freeze or not lets just hope they exhaust the list (all V band/ A band) we all worked hard to get on without any future testing!
                Thank you all for the updates and info!
                Amen buddy

Comment

• Here's a bit of an update. Still some positive signs for us candidates. Let's hope we all get through this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doggo View Post
                    Here's a bit of an update. Still some positive signs for us candidates. Let's hope we all get through this.
                    Ya but this is for city not county. I hope it carries over to county’s board

Comment

• I have my video interview today. Are they going to ask me to stand up.

Can I wear jeans on the bottom and suit and tie up top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorPayne View Post
                        I have my video interview today. Are they going to ask me to stand up.

They won’t ask you to stand. That would be twisted if they did haha

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorPayne View Post
                          I have my video interview today. Are they going to ask me to stand up.

why even wear pants at that point

Comment

• Fingers crossed some cjos get sent out tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by navymech View Post
                              Fingers crossed some cjos get sent out tomorrow
                              For band 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by truckman81 View Post

For band 1?
                                I don’t know. But going off the timeline of the vbanders I feel like it should be coming up. I knew a band 1 guy that interviewed in early March. They have been sending stuff out on fridays as well

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X