Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Los Angeles County Trainee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post
    This may have been asked already, but does anyone know if the county sends CJOs for a band all at once after those scheduled interview are complete, or do they spread them out similar to the interview schedule?

im sure it’s spread out..it’ll take probably a month from interview date to get a cjo. Hopefully it’s less then a month but who knows

Comment

• how did you guys practice/study for your interviews?

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG44817 View Post
        how did you guys practice/study for your interviews?
        By taking as many interviews as possible over the last few years..they send out a mock like a week before the interview to get familiar with the way it’s conducted.

Comment

• ”On the staffing front, we have seen some positive movement starting to shift with days off and less recalls. Class 156 is up and running and we have two more towers in June and two in September. We would like to thank the Training Staff and TSS for their work to get this drill tower handled with the combined use of technology, old school grinder work, social distancing and cleaning in place. This is a new way, but a way that is working well and may influence a model for future training towers.“

Comment

• navymech ya I saw that as well on the Local 1014 page. I’m wondering if they’re planning on pushing the first group of people who interviewed faster so that they can get them for one of the June academies. Everyone else who is scheduled towards the end of April will most likely be for the September academies. What’s your thought?

Comment

• Originally posted by CAFF View Post
              navymech ya I saw that as well on the Local 1014 page. I’m wondering if they’re planning on pushing the first group of people who interviewed faster so that they can get them for one of the June academies. Everyone else who is scheduled towards the end of April will most likely be for the September academies. What’s your thought?
              I believe 156,157, and 158 are going to be primarily vband with some band one. I think that with most of vband spoken for in terms of cjos, back grounds etc, there is a real potential for the people who have interviewed to be hearing something soon. I think with in the next couple of weeks. I have a friend who went from the background orientation in late February to June 8th academy job offer. So the timeline was a month and a half of processing. I think that if the ball get rolling we stand a chance to be in one of the later two academies.

Comment

• CAFF what are your thoughts in terms of a timeline?

Comment

• navymech honestly I don’t know anymore. I’m hearing so many different things from people. Some people are saying that these selection digital interviews are just a screening process for the department and others say if you’ve gotten to this step you’ll get a CJO. As far as timeline goes, I think you’re right about the v banders being in 157 & 158. So that would leave us in band 1 for the 2 academies in September. From the looks of it, people who already got CJOs are getting them about a month or so after their interviews. Let’s just hope we get that offer sooner than later.

Comment

navymech honestly I don’t know anymore. I’m hearing so many different things from people. Some people are saying that these selection digital interviews are just a screening process for the department and others say if you’ve gotten to this step you’ll get a CJO. As far as timeline goes, I think you’re right about the v banders being in 157 & 158. So that would leave us in band 1 for the 2 academies in September. From the looks of it, people who already got CJOs are getting them about a month or so after their interviews. Let’s just hope we get that offer sooner than later.
                    Do you think they did a lottery for interview selections? I can't imagine all 2,500-3,000 or however many are in band 1are all interviewing, at least not yet.

Comment

• Boize208 I think it was definitely a lottery for interview selections but who knows man. Ya there’s no way all 2,500-3,000 would have been selected to interview. If that were the case it would take forever for HR to go through every single video.

Comment

Boize208 I think it was definitely a lottery for interview selections but who knows man. Ya there’s no way all 2,500-3,000 would have been selected to interview. If that were the case it would take forever for HR to go through every single video.
                        Where is this number coming from? I haven’t heard of there being that many in Band 1. I highly doubt there is even more than 1,500.

Comment

Boize208 I think it was definitely a lottery for interview selections but who knows man. Ya there’s no way all 2,500-3,000 would have been selected to interview. If that were the case it would take forever for HR to go through every single video.
                          I remember back mid-last year during one of county's application info sessions, the Captain had mentioned if you make it to interview, you're basically in line for a CJO unless you really bomb your interview. And I remember earlier in this thread that there was speculation that the written test was 100% weighted and the interview none. Considering how many people were placed in Band 1, and some of the guys I know getting interview dates, it kind of seems like a pipe dream to get handed a CJO just for making it to the digital selection interview. Hopefully I'm wrong and we're all going to be part of the Sept. towers!

Comment

• t.blumenf I mean if a legit Captain from the department told you that then I would go with what you heard. That Capt has no benefit by telling you something like that so that’s just my opinion. Roll with that and let’s hope we get an email in the next couple weeks. When was your interview?

Comment

• Does anyone have any insight to the height/weight requirements? Aside from the table they list on the job description/requirements, is there any leniency? I’m 5’11 but my build and muscle tone make it damn near impossible to hit the 148-191 range. Have these standards changed at all or is there a body fat percentage they’ll take into account? TIA

Comment

t.blumenf I mean if a legit Captain from the department told you that then I would go with what you heard. That Capt has no benefit by telling you something like that so that’s just my opinion. Roll with that and let’s hope we get an email in the next couple weeks. When was your interview?
                                Mine is scheduled for 4/29. Regardless of speculations, I'm going into this as if it's "a million dollar interview." I'm just thinking, maybe County's initial thought was interview=CJO, but with making the test slightly easier, and widening the score range for Band 1, maybe County wasn't anticipating this many people to place as they did. Prove me wrong County!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X