Clear All

• truckman81
    replied
    Are they looking for a firefighter 1 or California firefighter academy 1

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by homewardbound View Post

A couple guys from my department just started in the class this week.. pretty sure they said most were no experience.
    But did they have a ff1 academy?

Leave a comment:

• green108
    replied
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a FF 1/2?

Leave a comment:

• navymech
    replied
    Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    I wonder if the guys that got picked up for 156 out of v band had FF1, I thought I remember someone saying they had no experience..either way hopefully we hear something after these late interviews
    My buddy started this past week and had no experience.

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by AIQ View Post
    I wonder if the guys that got picked up for 156 out of v band had FF1, I thought I remember someone saying they had no experience..either way hopefully we hear something after these late interviews
    A couple guys from my department just started in the class this week.. pretty sure they said most were no experience.

Leave a comment:

• AIQ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    I should really get around to having my training chief complete that task book.... lol aka transfer the certs over

Leave a comment:

• ramsauce
    replied
    I have 1/2 and ca so fingers crossed lol.

Leave a comment:

• ForeRight28
    replied

Ahh roger. I have FF 1/2.. just not a CA academy.
    I am in this same boat as well. (Fingers crossed)

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied
    Originally posted by Jman119 View Post

I would say at least a few hundred who took this test has a FF1. Doesn’t mean they’ll only hire these candidates
    Too bad my FF1 academy starts August this year and not August 2019

Leave a comment:

• Jman119
    replied
    Originally posted by Kbsandcoffee View Post

Is there realistically 2 towers of candidates in band 1 with FF1? I’m curious and trying to see where I would stack up, considering I don’t have this.
    I would say at least a few hundred who took this test has a FF1. Doesn’t mean they’ll only hire these candidates

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by t.blumenf View Post

You would still get your cert having completed previous academy or not, but they're looking at people who have already gone through and learned the basics through a FF1 academy due to their accelerated program.
    Ahh roger. I have FF 1/2.. just not a CA academy. Interesting to see how this plays out...

Leave a comment:

• Kbsandcoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    Heard they are going to strongly consider those with FF1 certs for the September towers since it will also be shortened to 6-8 weeks.
    Is there realistically 2 towers of candidates in band 1 with FF1? I’m curious and trying to see where I would stack up, considering I don’t have this.

Leave a comment:

• t.blumenf
    replied

Meaning you won’t be getting a California FF1 out of the academy?
    You would still get your cert having completed previous academy or not, but they're looking at people who have already gone through and learned the basics through a FF1 academy due to their accelerated program.

Leave a comment:

• homewardbound
    replied
    Originally posted by WeeWoo View Post
    Heard they are going to strongly consider those with FF1 certs for the September towers since it will also be shortened to 6-8 weeks.
    Meaning you won’t be getting a California FF1 out of the academy?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X